Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II Part 3  (Read 257597 times)

Constantinople

Re: Queen Elizabeth II Part 3
« Reply #660 on: July 07, 2010, 06:45:10 AM »
well it wasnt worse than implying that I was laying about what I saw when I had lunch with the Queen mother.  And Eddie made a rather nasty implied comment about my country's people so fair game is fair game.  You don't seem to stop your own criticism of other people and their comments but you seem to be hypersensitive when you get a taste of your own medicine. 

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 07, 2010, 07:06:44 AM »
EXCUSE ME!?
I DO NOT criticise other peoples comments.
It's just yours because you can't stand the fact that stood up to you.
And I never said you lied.
This is a discussion board, but YOU seem to get off on thinking every thread has to have a sexual reference to it.
And believe me, members here have spoken about it of you.
I am now not going to reply to any more of your posts, but fire away as you will.

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 07, 2010, 07:11:09 AM »
No one is interested in your apparent lunch with the QM. I personally don't believe it for a second, as you are far to rude to mix in such circles. And as every well mannered person knows, it's vulgar to name drop :). Nor are we interested in your apparent invites to Mustique island, this I know for a fact.

It's clear you are the hypersensitive one & not Lindelle.

Now please can we get back to the topic.
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Constantinople

« Reply #663 on: July 07, 2010, 07:13:37 AM »
Good to hear you have a gosssip ring going.  It seems in your character and from now on I won't comment on yours after this.  The Queen Mother dropped her pencil has absolutely no sexual comment on it unless you are a repressed Freudian.  On the other hand, going weak at the knees when your husband wears a certain cologne is rife with sexual innuendo.  

Constantinople

« Reply #664 on: July 07, 2010, 07:22:06 AM »
Well Eddie learn how to spell when  you criticize, it makes your barbs sharper.  And speak for yourself.  There are lots of people who are interested in personal anectdotes and as this is a royal forum, when those anactdotes are about members of royalty, even if they are not interesting to you, they are germane.  Try to find a keener way to analyse things before you criticize.  It looks petty Eddie.  And seeing that we are on ad hominem levels, I always thought the masculine diminutive of Edmund, Edmond or Edward was Eddy or Ed.

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 07, 2010, 07:26:29 AM »
Well i'm glad I have taught you something, don't mention it :). I don't think you are in a poistion to discuss masculinity when it's quite clear what's lacking in your life!!! ;);). It must be hard.
Sending the ladies PM's asking to play spin the bottle is pretty desperate if you ask me!
Now please can we get back to the topic.
:):):):):):):)

FREE PALESTINE.

Constantinople

« Reply #666 on: July 07, 2010, 07:32:39 AM »
Well having  YOU impugne my masculinity is hypocricy and at least it was a female that I asked.

Offline Vecchiolarry

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 07, 2010, 09:07:16 AM »
Hi,

On Topic:
I always wonder when a poll comes out and only 1,000 or 1,200 people are asked their opinion out of 34,000,000 (the population of Canada - give or take a few!!).....
Who do they ask?  Older & seniors or younger?  Is it regional or national?

In Canada, if they poll only Ontario & Quebec, they get a different reply than in Western or Eastern Canada.
The East & West are majority pro-monarchy;  Ontario probably half & half;  and Quebec about one quarter.  These are just my findings and not official!!!

I agree with Lucien that we, as a whole here, support The Queen & Prince Philip, as the recent turnout indicates.  They are still popular and admired.
But, Charles and Camilla are not well liked here and mostly ignored.  Their tour was not well attended or even documented in the media.

Larry
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:10:22 AM by Vecchiolarry »

Constantinople

« Reply #668 on: July 07, 2010, 09:36:11 AM »
Responsibile polling companies make sure that they have a sound statistical basis to their polls.  Most of the polls that I have seen are more or less saying the same thing.  This has been backed up on most of the C B C open line shows I have listened to.

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #669 on: July 07, 2010, 03:19:52 PM »
Eddie please stop paying attention and your energy towards Constantinople. Be the wise one of you 2, as you always are.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 07, 2010, 03:37:57 PM »
I agree with Vecchiolarry, after Diana died. Charles & Camilla did not have the magic nor the interest on the worldwide media. Only the Queen & the young princes (William & Harry) were able to generate the respect and interest in The Royal Family. The recent Fergie Hellaballo is another reason why people viiew the RF with much more critical eyes.

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 07, 2010, 03:57:02 PM »
Eddie please stop paying attention and your energy towards Constantinople. Be the wise one of you 2, as you always are.

Oh thank you Teddy, I feel very humble & your comment brought a tear to my eye. You are always so kind & good! In fact you should be a mod, as you are an example to us all!!!!

FREE PALESTINE.

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #672 on: July 07, 2010, 04:00:15 PM »
But then you must always listen to me Eddie! I hope you can stand the test! I feel myself almost as Mother Theresa!!!
I would like to have the book section as a Mod!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 04:03:01 PM by Teddy »

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #673 on: July 07, 2010, 06:36:53 PM »
Posters please stop with the personal comments and back & forth. Private comments should be confined to PMs. And those PMs are not be abusive or profane or in anyway attack another poster. Let's get back on topic, please.

(My own side note--Teddy, you would make a great book mod. You should PM the FA about it.)
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #674 on: July 07, 2010, 06:38:57 PM »

From EW.com:

"Today, while Queen Elizabeth was visiting Pinewood Studio’s outpost in Canada, she slipped on a pair of 3-D eyeglasses....The Queen didn’t don any old pair of 3-D glasses, by the way; her’s were encrusted with Swarovski crystals forming the letter “Q” on either side, looking like something T-Pain might wear to the Grammys. But, judging from video snippets of the event posted on telegraph.com.uk.com, it’s hard to imagine she was all that impressed by what she saw in 3-D in Toronto: It was some sort of costumed Bollywood-style dance number that didn’t have even one giant blue Na’vi Princess in it."
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/