Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II Part 3  (Read 277835 times)

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Part 3
« Reply #915 on: December 30, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »
I hope she lives long enough to do a repeat of another Queen Victoria one--the one with 3 direct heirs to the throne. Victoria/EVII/GV/EVIII were in a photo as that had never occured before--a direct heir in 3 generations. It could happen to EII if and when William has a child.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Vecchiolarry

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 30, 2010, 10:20:28 PM »
Hi Ella,

I'd like to see that too - Elizabeth//Charles//William// Baby Boy.....
Only 4 more months to the wedding and then perhaps a baby for the Diamond Jubilee!!  Now that's something to celebrate!!

Larry

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 31, 2010, 04:36:20 AM »
I wonder what Mr and Mrs Phillips are going to call the child. I suggest Elizabeth.

Ann (Elizabeth)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 17, 2011, 03:17:08 PM »
By invitation of HM Queen Elizabeth II President Barack Obama and Mrs. Michelle Obama will pay a State Visit to
the United Kingdom from may 24th till may 26th.The couple will stay at Buckingham Palace.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 17, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »
By invitation of HM Queen Elizabeth II President Barack Obama and Mrs. Michelle Obama will pay a State Visit to
the United Kingdom from may 24th till may 26th.The couple will stay at Buckingham Palace.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2011/02/queen-invites-obama-for-state-visit.html

courtesy hja
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 25, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 04, 2011, 11:55:01 PM »
HM QE II and The Duke will pay a State Visit to Ireland later this year by invitation of Irelands President,Mary MacAleese.
It will be the first visit to (an independent)  Ireland by a British Monarch since 1911 when Georg V visited,Ireland was still part of the Realm then.
Je Maintiendrai

darius

« Reply #923 on: March 05, 2011, 01:04:52 AM »
The visit is of course to the Republic of Ireland, the other part of the island, Northern Ireland continues to be very much a part of HM´s realm!

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 05, 2011, 09:03:53 AM »
The visit is of course to the Republic of Ireland, the other part of the island, Northern Ireland continues to be very much a part of HM´s realm!

Indeed,it is.How odd.I made it clear by stating the invitation was by President Mary MacAleese,
I wasn't aware she had anything to do with the northern part of the island.... ::)
Je Maintiendrai

darius

« Reply #925 on: March 05, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »
You didn´t infer that she had anything to do with the Northern part of the island.  I simply found it strange that the Buckingham Palace official announcement and the BBC failed to specify that the visit was to the Republic of Ireland.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 05, 2011, 10:41:35 AM »
You didn´t infer that she had anything to do with the Northern part of the island.  I simply found it strange that the Buckingham Palace official announcement and the BBC failed to specify that the visit was to the Republic of Ireland.

We all know that President Mary MacAleese is the President of Ireland,no need to clearify that any further then I did.
Je Maintiendrai

darius

« Reply #927 on: March 05, 2011, 11:52:41 AM »
ok then, if you say so

CHRISinUSA

« Reply #928 on: March 07, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »
The exact wording of the Buckingham Palace press release:

The Queen has been pleased to accept an invitation from the President of Ireland to pay a State Visit to Ireland this year. The Queen will be accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh.

Given the natural sensitivity of people over the distinction, my first thought was that the palace and BBC should probably have drawn a more clear distinction and referred to Ireland as "The Republic of Ireland".  But then I popped over to the official Irish Government website of the President, and I see that THEY also refer to the lady and her office as the President of Ireland (not President of the Republic of Ireland).  Elsewhere on that website (and other Irish government websites), it refers to the country alternately as "Ireland" or "The Irish State", and only uses "Republic of Ireland" in the most formal of language.

So clearly in diplomatic usage, "Ireland" - without qualification - is accepted by all parties to refer to the Republic of Ireland, whilst "Northern Ireland" refers to the British territory.  BP and BBC appear to be merely following suit.

darius

« Reply #929 on: March 07, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »
Interesting Chris - it should make for an interesting and historic visit.