Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II Part 3  (Read 259864 times)

Offline Emperor of the Dominions

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Part 3
« Reply #270 on: November 03, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
Can someone tell me why the Queen always has her handbag on her arm in just about every picture taken of her.  I am a huge supporter of her and the Royal Family, but sometimes it almost seems inappropriate, especially when she is in her home.  I can appreciate her wanting to have it around in case there is a need for her to get something out of it, but...  The latest photo on the Monarchy website shows her and the German Chancellor meeting in the Audience Room, you would think she could have put it down before photos were taken.  Any thoughts?

I imagine that Her Majesty rarely thinks of herself 'at home', perhaps more on duty. Her palaces and castles are quite vast and therefore I suspect she needs to keep her handbag with her most of the time. I have seen footage of her placing it near her while she gives an audience or during a dinner, but I think that even to set off to retire to bed takes a while, so to forget something essential to her, perhaps contained in her handbag, would not be desirable.
R.I.
God save the Queen !

Offline Emperor of the Dominions

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 03, 2008, 07:11:05 PM »
It suits HM to perfection.  :)
As does the state diadem and the Vladimir. I wonder if she will ever start using the small crown made for Victoria? The Imperial State Crown must grow heavier each year, although she only wears it to open Parliament.
R.I.
God save the Queen !

Offline Alexander1917

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 04, 2008, 08:18:18 AM »
Can someone tell me why the Queen always has her handbag on her arm in just about every picture taken of her.  I am a huge supporter of her and the Royal Family, but sometimes it almost seems inappropriate, especially when she is in her home.  I can appreciate her wanting to have it around in case there is a need for her to get something out of it, but...  The latest photo on the Monarchy website shows her and the German Chancellor meeting in the Audience Room, you would think she could have put it down before photos were taken.  Any thoughts?

A good book about the "handbag" question is What's in the Queen's Handbag and other Royal Secrets by Phil Dampier...written about what is in the handbag and also how she could give "signs" to her lady in waiting or other accompanies....

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2008, 11:49:36 AM »
The handbag is like a business womans  designer jacket ,IT IS HER ARMOUR.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 06, 2008, 04:05:05 PM »
I agree...very important to her.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 18, 2008, 03:10:36 AM »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 18, 2008, 08:08:35 AM »
Nice link !

Offline Nikola

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2008, 08:32:15 AM »
HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH Prince Philip arrive at the Cinema & Television Benevolent Fund Royal Film Performance 2008 and World Premiere of 'A Bunch Of Amateurs' at Odeon Leicester Square on November 17, 2008 in London:

Offline Nikola

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2008, 08:33:05 AM »
HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH Prince Philip arrive at the Cinema & Television Benevolent Fund Royal Film Performance 2008 and World Premiere of 'A Bunch Of Amateurs' at Odeon Leicester Square on November 17, 2008 in London:

Offline Nikola

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »

Offline Nikola

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »

Offline Nikola

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2008, 08:35:14 AM »

Offline Nikola

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2008, 08:36:03 AM »

Offline Nikola

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2008, 08:36:45 AM »

Offline Nikola

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »