Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth II Part 3  (Read 256067 times)

Offline Alexander1917

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
Re: Queen Elizabeth II Part 3
« Reply #705 on: August 06, 2010, 07:25:16 AM »
back to HM, she rediscoverd QM 's women of hampshire pendant/brooch

Constantinople

« Reply #706 on: August 06, 2010, 07:47:44 AM »
so if he becomes King, he won't die?
and at one poiint the Queen did not pay tax now the duchy of Cornwall and the Queen are taxed.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 06, 2010, 08:06:17 AM »
 You miss the point, dear Const.   Once he becomes sovereign, he is no longer Duke of Cornwall and therefore does not receive the income. It will presumably go in trust until  his son is declared heir. Yes, the Queen and the Duchy do pay tax- voluntarily
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Constantinople

« Reply #708 on: August 06, 2010, 08:14:13 AM »
Actually it reverts to the monarch until someone is designated and the amount  received is deducted from the civil list payments.  so the effect reduces the civill list but in fact if legislation changed, it could be subject to death duties.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 06, 2010, 08:15:58 AM »
The Queen gets income from the Duchy of Lancester, the same source when Charles becomes king.

Constantinople

« Reply #710 on: August 06, 2010, 08:19:13 AM »
and if there is no Duke of Cornwall, the monarch also receives that income although it is neutralized by the drop iln civil list payments.

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 06, 2010, 02:16:38 PM »
The Queen gets income from the Duchy of Lancester, the same source when Charles becomes king.
The Queen does not get income from the duchy of Lancaster.For many reigns the revenues from the duchy is surrendered to the treasury in exchange for the civil list...The duchies income is much larger than what the Queen receives,BTW I live nr Lancaster and much of the duchies rural holdings are within minutes of my home.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 06, 2010, 10:44:14 PM »
According to some books, the Queen (who was also the Duchess of Lancaster) recieves money from the duchy, that is why she is so rich. Prince Charles recieves money from the duchy of Cornwall, that is why he did not recieve too much money from the civil list, only from his foreign tours when he carries the flag for Britain.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 06, 2010, 10:49:06 PM »
I just checked the websites. The Queen recieves 110 million pounds from the Duchy of Lancaster (the Crown lands) for exchange of the civil list payout of 40 million pounds. That is still quite a good paycheck for a year.

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 07, 2010, 12:47:55 AM »
And out of that she has to pay for ...................................................

Constantinople

« Reply #715 on: August 07, 2010, 02:50:13 AM »
check royal expenditures on google and you will know.

Offline Adagietto

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 07, 2010, 08:45:54 AM »
'That is still quite a good paycheck for a year. ' Eric, I'm not sure it is right to look at this as being equivalent to what the boss of a company, say might get, since a good deal of this will be spent either in connection with public duties, or on the maintenance of buildings, collections etc. which are effectively inalienable and would otherwise have to be maintained out of public funds.

Constantinople

« Reply #717 on: August 07, 2010, 09:02:59 AM »
I agree but they are basically maintained by public funds now with the proviso that they are not accessible to the public.

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 07, 2010, 09:56:20 AM »
According to some books, the Queen (who was also the Duchess of Lancaster) recieves money from the duchy, that is why she is so rich. Prince Charles recieves money from the duchy of Cornwall, that is why he did not recieve too much money from the civil list, only from his foreign tours when he carries the flag for Britain.
Actually the Queen is DUKE of Lancaster...the sovereign is always Duke whatever their gender...and the toast is "Her Majesty the Queen,Duke of Lancaster"...BTW I live in the environs of the city .

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 07, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
Thanks for the correction on the gender issue. I guess that is why Queen Victoria wasn't for women's rights because she rules as a man. The present Queen is the head of the Anglican Church who is just begining to accept women priests and bishops.