Author Topic: Who is the rightful heir?  (Read 400410 times)

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Re: Who is the rightful heir?
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2004, 09:18:53 AM »
Jon
Your best bet is to start a NEW thread here and put the letters up so people can see and translate and perhaps correct each other. Depends on how many you are talking about.
Email me and let me know how big a project this is.

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 15, 2004, 03:10:23 PM »
Thanks, FA.

That sounds like the best thing to do. Boy I never thought I could start my own thread. I will send you all the info necessary. I have a friend from the Orthodox church in Nyack NY who will, hopefully, translate one of the letters. As soon as he returns my package I will see if its not better to just post it on my new thread. JonC.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 15, 2004, 03:43:02 PM »
To get back to heirs/claimants:
The RFA is just that- a family association. They can choose anyone they like to head it, by election, popularity, heredity, etc.
GD Maria V. represents Imperial DYNASTIC claims, which in itself is a complicated, outdated mess anyway anyone looks at it.
Which begs the following: I understand MV was named the curious title "CURATRIX" of the throne. My guess this is pretty much based upon  the infamous Regent Sophia & her tenure.  If so, one would assume that  her [MV] "office" would end with the coming-of-age of her son, GD Georgi. As he is now 22-23 [?] perhaps one entitlement has ended and another begun ?
Hypothetically, he then may change the dynastic laws at his own will.
It is all academic anyway, so
Cheers,
Robert
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 15, 2004, 06:56:56 PM »
Cheers,
Robert

George can formulate and sign what ever documents he wishes.

Those papers will have no validity in Russian Statute books. ;D

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 15, 2004, 07:15:39 PM »
Which is why I said "hypothetically".
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 15, 2004, 08:02:54 PM »
Yes Robert, you did say "hypothetically"

Perhaps we could also add that it might be wishful thinking on his mother's behalf? ::)

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 15, 2004, 08:08:05 PM »
Well, there are a LOT of things that COULD be said, but respect is due.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 15, 2004, 08:25:48 PM »
Respect is due to the Russian people to be left alone to decide their own future. ;D

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 16, 2004, 12:20:35 AM »
To get back to heirs/claimants:
The RFA is just that- a family association. They can choose anyone they like to head it, by election, popularity, heredity, etc.
GD Maria V. represents Imperial DYNASTIC claims, which in itself is a complicated, outdated mess anyway anyone looks at it.
Which begs the following: I understand MV was named the curious title "CURATRIX" of the throne. My guess this is pretty much based upon  the infamous Regent Sophia & her tenure.  If so, one would assume that  her [MV] "office" would end with the coming-of-age of her son, GD Georgi. As he is now 22-23 [?] perhaps one entitlement has ended and another begun ?
Cheers,
Robert

Maria was named Curatrix for much the same reason that Princess Elizabeth was named Heiress Presumptive rather than Princess of Wales in 1936. The reason for both titles - the birth of a legitimate male from Elizabeth's father in QEII's situation or a legitimate male from an equal marriage in MV's - is that such a birth would have displaced them from their place in the succession. Both QEII's father recognized a male heir most  unlikely, and Vladimir K also saw the chance for a male heir highly improbable, hence the strange titles.

Maria is no longer Curatrix. She is the de jure Empress of Russia and uses the Grand Duchess title as is customary for the claimant to a throne who has never ruled.

I think the only likely change in dynastic law would be an end to the anachronistic practice of equal marriage. As I've said before, I think it more likely that GM will make the change as opposed to MV, so it may not occur in her lifetime.

bluetoria

« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2005, 09:51:20 AM »
Dear Alekseevich,
I have read nearly all your posts, I think, on nearly all the threads (especially on those of the Empress Alexandra) and they are always very respectful and polite.
It seems that you are trying very hard to discover the truth about your background and you father whom, you say, was believed by some people to be the Tsarevich Alexei. (Forgive me if I have misunderstood you.)
I REALLY hope you will not mind my writing this, as I do so only because I am afraid that you are opening yourself to a wide variety of responses some of which may be offensive to you - and since you always write so respectfully to others, I should hate to see that happen.
Perhaps, if you really believe your claim to be true it would be better if you were to find out who exactly the people are who telephone you and say you are the Tsar. Perhaps they have evidence or something. Alternatively perhaps they are not very kind to you.
Would it be better perhaps, too, if you were to try to establish exactly who your father was (ie. where he lived, when he met your mother, where he worked) before continuing to question whether or not he was the Tsarevich?
I write this very respectfully and hope you understand my motives for doing so.  

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 05, 2005, 07:32:43 PM »

I think the only likely change in dynastic law would be an end to the anachronistic practice of equal marriage. As I've said before, I think it more likely that GM will make the change as opposed to MV, so it may not occur in her lifetime.

There is a web site devoted to Russian  succession laws. A group of people have written a list of new succesions laws thet they believe should be adpoted.  

They also offer an excellent compromise to end the so called "feud" between GD Maria and the Romanov Family Assosication.

One of the laws makes the heir apparent to the throne  the first born child of the soverign regardless of sex-like Sweeden.

These "new" Russian succession laws allows for the Heir and/or crowned Soverign to/of the Russian Throne to marry anyone he/she wants with permission of a select group people (who these people are is quite detailed but two are the Patriarch of Moscow and the Patriarch of the Russian Church Abroad at the time of the requested engagement).

It is a very good read but took me three hours due to the poor layout of the site.  If you love the Romanovs it is difintely worth the effort.

The new laws and proposed Romanov Family compromise make excellent sense for the mordern world.

TampaBay
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by TampaBay »
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2005, 04:03:44 PM »
Care to share the address with us?

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2005, 11:09:17 AM »
Care to share the address with us?

I will try and find it.

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 07, 2005, 11:22:43 AM »
Meyer, Klaus J.  “The Quest for a Czar:  The Law and Politic of the Disputed Succession to the Headship of the Imperial Russian Family and The Romanov Agenda 2000 -- A Plan of Reconciliation.”  http://homes.line.ru/royalty/meyer/quest.html (April 12,
1999).

This is the first of the three articles.  I am still looking for the other two.  Please be patient.

TampaBay

Here is another one

http://macedonsky.narod.ru/meyer/quest.html#VIII

TampaBay

I am still lookig for address of the third article.

TampaBay
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by TampaBay »

Offline Krissilas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2005, 02:18:05 PM »
The rightful heir is none other than HIH Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna and her son Grand Duke George.His Holiness Patriarch Alexei II of Moscow and all Russia approves of them.They are the only respectable Romanov Family suitable for restoring the Russian Monarchy.All the Books in english,in russian, in french recognise them as the rightful heirs.Those who are informed they know that their claims are well founded.They look and act every bit Imperial,most dignified and respectable,they love Russia and the Russian People and they have devoted their lives for the good of Russia and the Russian People.With Grand Duchess Leonida the mother of Grand Duchess Maria they are such a beautiful and lovely and good family.President Putin with the Patriarch Alexei II should recognise them officially and prepare the way for the restoration of the Russian Monarchy.Russia must reconnect ties with her great Imperial History and gain the respect and admiration from the World.Russia needs a woman Head of State like Catherine the Great and Isee none other than Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna.Long live Russia! Long live the Empress of Russia Grand Duchess Maria and her son Grand Duke George,and long live the Empress Mother of Russia Grand Duchess Leonida!