Author Topic: Who is the rightful heir?  (Read 401207 times)

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the rightful heir?
« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »
Are there not several sons in the Prince Dmitri Pavlovich Ilyinsky line?  Are the Ilyinsky Boys considered dynasts????

I know they have no desire or pretense to the non existant Russian throne as they 100% Americanized but are they in the line of succession or did non eqaul marriages give them the "boot" so to speak?

TampaBay

The late Prince Paul Dmitrivich Ilyinsky was the only child of Grand Duke Dmitri of Russia. He had two sons, Dmitri and Michael, neither of whom has sons and neither of them are considered dynasts by the House of Romanov. Their two sisters each have sons but thus far neither Ilyinsky has addressed the issue of their own succession, so my presumption is their line will pass as outlined below.

However, they are the sole surviving great great grandsons in the legitimate male line from the Tsar Liberator, Alexander II. As such, Dmitri is the heir of line for the House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov under house rules for the House of Oldenburg.

The marriage that made them ineligible to be dynasts under the Romanov house rules was Dmitri Pavlovich's to heiress Audrey Emery. He was required to make an equal marriage. These same house rules allowed Dmitri's son and his sons to marry women of good character.

Unless one of them has a son, upon their deaths, the Ilyinsky line will be extinct and the heir of line will likely be in the Mikhailovich line.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:01:22 PM by LisaDavidson »

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 12, 2008, 04:56:14 AM »
"HH Prince Alexis Andreevich Romanov (born 1957), I do not know if this gentleman has children."

1.Does he have children?
2.Was it not an Ilyinsky who was a USAF Colonel? A Colonel Paul Ilyinsky I think?

Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.
1 Peter 2:17

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 12, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »
"HH Prince Alexis Andreevich Romanov (born 1957), I do not know if this gentleman has children."

1.Does he have children?
2.Was it not an Ilyinsky who was a USAF Colonel? A Colonel Paul Ilyinsky I think?

This branch is private citizens. As of now, Prince Alexis has not reported having any children.

Ilyinsky was indeed Colonel Ilyinsky, although he was a Marine, not a member of the Air Force.

Offline imperialruss

• View Profile
    • Russian Imperial Union Order
« Reply #363 on: May 24, 2008, 07:54:26 AM »
29 февраля 2008 г.Царский Дом Грузии обрел нового Главу

New Head of the Georgian Royal House

http://www.monarhist.ru/news2008/news_2008-02-29.htm
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 07:56:09 AM by imperialruss »

Offline imperialruss

• View Profile
    • Russian Imperial Union Order
« Reply #364 on: May 24, 2008, 08:00:23 AM »
Bagrations'

Concern and Grief of the Repose of the head of the Georgian Royal House by HIH GD Maria of Russia

lots of other current news of the head of the Russian Royal House

http://www.monarhist.ru/club.htm

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »
Thanks for the links and information. It's unfortunate that they are not available in any language but Russian.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 27, 2008, 12:43:14 AM »
"Ilyinsky was indeed Colonel Ilyinsky, although he was a Marine, not a member of the Air Force."

Oh well, at least he wasnt in the Navy!  LOL

"I know they have no desire or pretense to the non existant Russian throne as they 100% Americanized but are they in the line of succession"

Have the Ilyinsky's retained their Russianess and Orhtodoxy at all?

Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 28, 2008, 02:22:15 AM »
"Ilyinsky was indeed Colonel Ilyinsky, although he was a Marine, not a member of the Air Force."

Oh well, at least he wasnt in the Navy!  LOL

"I know they have no desire or pretense to the non existant Russian throne as they 100% Americanized but are they in the line of succession"

Have the Ilyinsky's retained their Russianess and Orhtodoxy at all?

They are not in the line of succession under the current house laws. I don't know their religion (s) but I believe they are proud of their Russian heritage.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 21, 2008, 04:00:14 AM »
For those of you with a facebook account, it is my humble honour to present you with a photo of His Royal Highness Prince Michael Andreevich of Russia with some friends! (lol)

He is the one with the medals!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=822556&op=1&view=all&subj=1150716936&id=635552692
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 21, 2008, 12:45:07 PM »
For those of you with a facebook account, it is my humble honour to present you with a photo of His Royal Highness Prince Michael Andreevich of Russia with some friends! (lol)

He is the one with the medals!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=822556&op=1&view=all&subj=1150716936&id=635552692

I could not get the facebook page to come up. But who is HRH Prince Michael Andreivich of Russia? The Imperial House never used the HRH, they were primarily HIH, and the current princes of Russia use HSH. Also, the only Andrei I know is Andrei Andreivich (b 1923), whose sons are Alexis, Peter, and Andrew. He has to my knowledge no son named Michael.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 21, 2008, 04:57:51 PM »
 I meant the Prince Michael who lives in Sydney,sorry for the mix up, I will see if I cn post the photo somehow!
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 21, 2008, 06:38:41 PM »
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 26, 2008, 03:45:56 PM »
I meant the Prince Michael who lives in Sydney,sorry for the mix up, I will see if I cn post the photo somehow!

Sorry, cannot see the photo.

Michael Andreivich has never used HRH. It would properly be HSH. Some Romanovs use HIH. The Romanovs were an Imperial, rather than a Royal, house.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2008, 04:58:14 AM »

I personally favor the Ilyinskys. They have been asked back twice by the Russian people. Grand Duke Dmitry was asked back after the Revolution and refused. His son Paul Ilyinsky was asked back in the 1990's and refused. Paul has two sons, neither of whom currently has a son, but the Ilyinsky claim is strong for several reasons.

One, Dmitri Pavlovich (b. 1954) is now the senior male heir of the line of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov. Second, there are numerous Ilyinskys, not just one. Third, they are the only branch of the family that has maintained excellent relations with all other branches of the family since the Revolution. They have refused to participate in the family squabbles. Fourth, they are well established in America and do not need to be claimants in order to fill otherwise empty lives.

Just my not so humble opinion!

Did not Paul say something rather "cheeky" along the lines of "I am so so sorry but I already have a job to which I have been elected.  I am the Mayor!"  True Class!

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2008, 05:59:36 AM »
If they have retained their orthodoxy, they are better claimants than our friends in Spain, solely due to their "closeness" to the throne.
Yes, he was too busy being Mayor, but his comment was probably made due to the fact that the invitation was not from "the Kremlin", just from the city of St.Petersburg, and there were no guarantees!
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.