Author Topic: Who is the rightful heir?  (Read 400490 times)

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the rightful heir?
« Reply #405 on: September 09, 2008, 07:14:20 AM »
My turn to throw my 2 cents in! :)
There is no rightful heir....,period.
Princess Maria is only accepted by a small part of Russian Royalists, and an even smaller percentage of the Russian people.
The decision if any, will be made by the powerful ones in Moscow, ala Putin et all.
Members of the church aknoweledge Maria solely for the fact that she is the only one who seems to want the job,let alone retained her Russianess and Orthodoxy, unlike her Americanized relatives.

Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.
1 Peter 2:17

Offline StevenL

• Boyar
  • Don't believe everything you think.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 09, 2008, 09:20:47 AM »
My turn to throw my 2 cents in! :)   There is no rightful heir....,period.

I tend to agree that "rightful heir" is a very poor term. By what right?

That's why I like the term dynast, which is connected more to the rights and privileges
associated with tradition or the former monarchy. As a term, it does not necessarily imply
rights that any country or government is bound to today.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 09, 2008, 11:25:44 AM »
Don't get me wrong, Lisa. Actually I believe Maria and George are the legitimate "heir" if there something to be heir to. But I can go along with dynast as well.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 10, 2008, 08:03:45 PM »
Don't get me wrong, Lisa. Actually I believe Maria and George are the legitimate "heir" if there something to be heir to. But I can go along with dynast as well.

Me, too. And like you (I believe) I am a citizen of a democracy. Dynast is a more neutral term. And, one the Romanovs themselves can almost agree on. Members of the RFA believe there are no more dynasts, while Maria V and her supporters tend to believe there are only the three dynasts.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 13, 2008, 06:09:18 PM »
Last Saturday 6th of September 2008 Prince Michael Andreevich of Russia suffered a heart attack at his home in Sydney Australia.
As a result of the fall the 89 year old suffered two broken ribs and has been admitted to St. Vincents Hospital.
Due to his advanced age and prior kidney problems,and the development of pneumonia, Fr.Michael Protopov administered Holy Communion and heard his confession on Wednesday.
His sister and cousins have been informed, as has Patriarch Alexi and the Russian goverment.

Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 14, 2008, 01:22:58 AM »
Last Saturday 6th of September 2008 Prince Michael Andreevich of Russia suffered a heart attack at his home in Sydney Australia.
As a result of the fall the 89 year old suffered two broken ribs and has been admitted to St. Vincents Hospital.
Due to his advanced age and prior kidney problems,and the development of pneumonia, Fr.Michael Protopov administered Holy Communion and heard his confession on Wednesday.
His sister and cousins have been informed, as has Patriarch Alexi and the Russian goverment.

How sad. Thank you for letting us know.

Offline Michael HR

• Knyaz
  • Imperial Corps Des Pages
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 14, 2008, 03:57:57 AM »
How dreadful. I hope he recovers.

Remembering the Imperial Corps Des Pages - The Spirit of Imperial Russia

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 17, 2008, 02:22:13 AM »
At 1330 hours this afternon,(17th September 2008) HRH Prince Michael of Russia was moved in to a paliative care unit of a private hospital in Sydney.
Please pray for him.
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline V_Corona

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 18, 2008, 03:28:36 PM »
Thank you for the information Ilias of John, I hope you keep us informed, We hope that the prince Michael will recover soon
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:30:07 PM by V_Corona »

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 19, 2008, 01:07:40 AM »
At 1330 hours this afternon,(17th September 2008) HRH Prince Michael of Russia was moved in to a paliative care unit of a private hospital in Sydney.
Please pray for him.

Ilias - does this mean as we use in the US the term "hospice care" - in that the illness cannot be reversed and recovery not possible, but keeping him comfortable?

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 19, 2008, 04:36:26 AM »
Yes Lisa, I'm afraid it does.
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline Macedonsky

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • Russian Succession
« Reply #416 on: September 20, 2008, 05:07:46 AM »
HRH Prince Michael of Russia
You mean eldest son of HH Prince Andrew? Interesting to note that his syle (HRH) is higher than that of his father despite his morganality.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 20, 2008, 06:07:24 AM »
No, that's my fault, I address him as HRH so I am used to calling him that.
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 21, 2008, 08:05:20 AM »
Under current circumstances, as I sit here and ponder, I would like to share some anecdotes with you.
Prince Michael was only recently asked about Prince Felix Yusupov, and the murder of Rasputin, and if his uncle ever mentioned the events of that fateful night?
His reply remains a classic

"my boy, thats ALL he EVER talked about".
others,
Getting caught smoking behind the haystack at Windsor Castle by Uncle George. Uncle George just happened to be George V.

Deciding to stay in Australia after WW2 and sleeping rough a couple of nights on a park bench.

Not telling his friends his true identity, and one day walking in to a pub where his buddies where and a documentary coming on pay tv talking about his family. Apparently his best friend turned around to him and said,  "Mick, you haven't been telling us the whole truth, have you?"

I only spoke to him last week on the phone, and although unwell, he was coherent and able to communicate.
Tonight however the news is grim, and his wife Princess Gulia was called in the early hours of the morning to attend him immeadiately.
88 is a good innings!

Ilias

Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 21, 2008, 10:13:16 PM »
What does 88 is a good innings mean?

I'm sorry, Ilias, this must be difficult for you. You can be glad to know him. Is his brother Andrei coming to see him?