Author Topic: Royal Activities 2006-2009 (Ascot, Trooping the Colour etc))  (Read 77145 times)

Nikola

Re: Royal Activities 2006-2009 (Ascot, Trooping the Colour etc))
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »

Nikola

« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
This year Christmas church service at St Mary's Church at Sandringham attends:

- The Queen
- The Duke of Edinburgh
- the Prince of Wales
- the Duchess of Cornwall
- Prince William
- Prince Harry
- the Duke of York
- Princess Beatrice
- Princess Eugenie
- the Earl of Wessex
- the Countess of Wessex
- the Princess Royal
- Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence
- Mr and Mrs Peter Phillips
- Miss Zara Phillips
- Lady Sarah Chatto
- Mr Daniel Chatto
- Samuel Chatto
- Arthur Chatto

Leuchtenberg

« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2008, 07:16:34 PM »
The Queen looks wonderful.    Camilla does too (even though it pains me to say it).

Zara Phillips looks as though her fuschia  helicopter is going to begin spinning its propellers for take off at any moment.  That hat would be better displayed at Ascot.  She may think it screams "Look at me.  Look at me." but what it really says is, "Shoot me.  Shoot me."

The York girls:  What is it with them and black stockings??  Do they purchase them by the thousands from some nun supply discount house?  And of course Beatrice is wearing another outfit that works against her figure rather than with it.  One thing about her is that she never fails to live up to the low expectations so many have for her.

$ophie We$$ex didn't look quite right in her clothes.  It's not a bad style, but it doesn't seem her style.

William's beard is not flattering.  It does seem though as he's thinning on top.  Possibly he reckons if he cannot grow it in one place he ought to grow it in another.

Adagietto

« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2008, 06:43:05 AM »
I was about to ask who the bloke with the beard was. A beard (or that beard) doesn't really suit him, I suspect that the hair on the top of his head will last slightly longer.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2008, 06:45:35 AM »

The York girls:  What is it with them and black stockings??  Do they purchase them by the thousands from some nun supply discount house?  And of course Beatrice is wearing another outfit that works against her figure rather than with it.  One thing about her is that she never fails to live up to the low expectations so many have for her.

Leuchtenberg,

Black tights are IN! IN! IN!  IMHO, I think the York girls look very appropriate for Church  services.  They are not as badly dressed  as they usually are.

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Leuchtenberg

« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2008, 10:50:54 AM »

Leuchtenberg,

Black tights are IN! IN! IN!  IMHO, I think the York girls look very appropriate for Church  services.  They are not as badly dressed  as they usually are.

TampaBay

There is nothing wrong with black stockings, but those two seem obsessed with them.    I realize I am always picking at B and E.   When I look at the Gloucester girls, I smile.  When I look at the York progeny, I laugh and only do so to keep from throwing up.

I cannot accurately assess what is appropriate for Church and what is not.  I have several family members who think showing up in  a wife beater shirt is appropriate.  So, in my view, anything is better than that.   ;D

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »
I think the Queen, Camilla and Sophie look nice. 

I have to laugh at Zara Phillips, she thinks she's so hot!  As to the York princesses - yes, please go shopping for some new black tights.  They are fashionable but the denier is too thick to be flattering and Beatrice's hemline is too short, in my opinion.  And what's that white thing hanging down under Eugenie's coat?

Offline Terence

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »
Leuchtenberg,

Black tights are IN! IN! IN!  IMHO, I think the York girls look very appropriate for Church  services.  They are not as badly dressed  as they usually are.
TampaBay
LOL TB.  One of the best examples I've seen of "damning w/ faint praise".

Nikola

« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2008, 08:44:35 PM »

Nikola

« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2008, 08:45:21 PM »

Nikola

« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »

Nikola

« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2008, 08:59:27 PM »

Nikola

« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »

Nikola

« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »

Nikola

« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2008, 09:01:26 PM »