Author Topic: Kate Middleton  (Read 168112 times)

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Middleton
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2006, 05:37:52 PM »
Thank you all for the photos and information.
I'll let Grace and Tampa Bay duke it out for the ring and take the watch.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2007, 12:31:13 PM »
Today Miss Kate Middleton celebrates her 25th birthday,with mixed feelings I'm afraid..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6245061.stm

Je Maintiendrai

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2007, 02:41:35 PM »
They've been talking about it today on MSNBC as well. It seems the press is stepping up the coverage. At least they've been given a few years of relative peace to decide their feelings and possible future before the deluge began. Hard to think that she's already a few years older than Diana was when the press descended on her. While Kate certainly isn't older, hopefully not being barely out of her teens and having had those 'quiet' years with William will benefit any relationship they have now or in the future.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Elocin

• Working myself insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »
One really can't help but feel sorry for Kate.  I can't imagine what it must be like to have a rabid entourage following after you all the time. 

I was reading some article the other day on her and it mentioned that many people criticize her for not appearing to have a " real job".  I can only imagine that it would be hard for a young lady in her position to convince an employer that the rabid mob wouldn't interfere with the place of business.  I recognize she is employed as a clothing buyer.

The horrendous pressure that must be on the two of them right now knowing that people are betting on a wedding date must be terrible to bear.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2007, 10:38:20 PM »
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline aussiechick12

• Graf
  • .Darling Diana.
    • View Profile
    • Tatiana Romanova
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2007, 01:20:36 AM »
On the chanel 10 news they compared the scene to one when there was rumor of Diana being engaged to Charles and them both being chased by the media. I feel sorry for Kate but I'm not really that sorry - people get chased by the media every day - she's not the first and she certainly won't be the last.
"Cameo like profile . . . a lovely rose maiden and as pure as flower" - Lili Dehn on Tatiana.
www.tatianaromanova.piczo.com

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2007, 05:50:05 AM »
Well, it sounds tough, but if she is going to marry William one day, she will have to become used to it as part of her life always.

Why she has to be followed about just going to and from her home is perplexing though.  I cannot see that there would be any public demand to see her every day existence like this.

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2007, 12:32:43 PM »
Just imagine - what if the whole romance falls through?   What becomes of Kate Middleton then?

I think the Press are making that girl's life absolute Hell.   Given the tragic end of his mother, can you imagine the constant negative reminders Prince William is enduring.   I doubt an engagement will make things any better for Kate apart from her being given official protection.   

This isn't living, its bearly existing.   The constant hounding is a flagrant breach of personal privacy.    Its a disgrace and high time the press - UK and international - behaved  more responsibly.

But, hey, we all want to see the pics and its the Kate Middletons of this life who have to pay the price.

tsaria

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2007, 03:08:26 PM »
That's just my point, Tsaria.  :)

Do we, the public, really demand to see almost daily photos of Kate Middleton or does the press tell us that we do?

If no photos appeared of her in the tabloids for, say, a week, do you think these papers would be beseiged by people demanding more, more!  I don't they they would.  A photo of Kate getting into her car is simply more digestible than the latest drug bust or statistics on over-use of credit cards or childhood obesity, in my opinion.

Offline CHRISinUSA

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2007, 03:25:28 PM »
Here, here.  Frankly, I think the court judgement won by The Princess of Hanover (aka Caroline of Monaco) should be in force throughout the world.  I don't recall the exact wording of that decision, but in a nutshell it says that no photos of her taken at a private event (ie. not at an official event) may be published without her permission.

THAT should simply be law, and the disgusting rabid paparazzi would soon be finding alternative work as wedding photographers.

ferngully

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »
whoever thought that stepping outside your own frontdoor was worth a photo or 5? ::) leave the lady alone i say, she doesn't deserve the same kind of treatment as hey boyfriend's mother and we all know what happened to diana and the paparazzi...

Offline Kaiserin Sissi

• I Love Sissi and Franz Josef
    • View Profile
    • Site de l'Association Elisabeth Impératrice d'Autriche - Reine de Hongrie (Sissi)
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2007, 03:08:37 PM »
Does anybody know if Katherine Middelton engaged to Prince William come to the same of George "Bay" Middleton the friend of Empress Elisabeth of austria ?

Thanks

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2007, 03:59:28 PM »
Sissi, I have to admit to not having a clue what you're talking about - sorry - but I can answer one thing:- Prince William is not engaged to anyone at the moment.

Offline Kaiserin Sissi

• I Love Sissi and Franz Josef
    • View Profile
    • Site de l'Association Elisabeth Impératrice d'Autriche - Reine de Hongrie (Sissi)
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2007, 03:06:27 AM »
I see that I forgot th word "Family" in my question  :-[. That is the same "Family" of Georg "Bay" Middleton.
I read in a link about Prince William that he is engaged to Katherine but apparently is it wrong. But i just want to know if is the same family of the friend of Sissi.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2007, 02:54:19 AM »
No, she's certainly not related to Bay Middleton, I'm quite sure of that. Many of her ancestors were coal miners and things like that in Sisi's era.

And she is definitely not engaged to Prince William!

Her real first name is spelt Catherine.

I found an article about her family history here http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?SectionID=102&ArticleID=1760281

It got so boring, I didn't finish it, but I'm sure there's nothing very remarkable there.

It says her mother's maiden name is Goldsmith, is she Jewish?  ???
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick