Author Topic: Andrew, Duke of York  (Read 57194 times)

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew, Duke of York
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2010, 05:27:44 PM »
Now what's the story with those two these days?
Is she still living with him at Royal Lodge?

It all seems a little odd to me.
First she moved into a house next door to him and then when that burnt down she moved in WITH him.
Maybe she's trying to make a move ON him.
But he said they'd never remarry.
Right? Hopefully?

What do you think of him Grace?

I haven’t really followed him enough to have a genuine idea of his character, but to me he comes across as not terribly bright and with little interest of how he and his family are perceived by the general public.  He has that sense of ‘entitlement’ common with the sons of Elizabeth but completely absent in her daughter.  He seems immature for a man of 50.

I could be wrong though…this is just my impression!

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »
That's the impression I get of him too!
I do think he's matured more as he's aged though.
IMO, he's a rude man.
I watched a doco once of the RF and he was helping the QM out of a carriage and she needed a stool to step down onto.
The way he spoke to a staff member there was horrible, 'COME ON GET IT NOW'! The staff member (a young man) moved as quick as his legs would take him, and there's Anne in the background giving Andrew the look of death.
I still remember that and since then he'd be the one I dislike the most.
BUT in saying all that, my crush is to do with his looks. Not his personality.
And I think he's a silly man to have his ex walk all over him. Their children are grown now and they're still treating them as though they need moddycoddling. I don't think it's a healthy way the parents are portraying parenthood to two grown children. It's weird. Can you imagine what it would be like if Andrew DID meet a new love and Sarah's in the background?

Offline royal_netherlands

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2010, 06:03:24 PM »
Ooh this thread is about the Duke of York! I thought I was stuck at some (royal) dating site. Cheesy! Well because Eric already thought I was a lady at the Schleswig-Holstein thread. I might as well get Andrew and then through him I will get access to all the marvelous photograph collections in the Windsor archives. Yes, ooh and drink tea with the Queen! But I have to go on 'beeing royal training school' for ten years first. Omg no on second thought.... that's not worth the fuss at all! wink!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:07:58 PM by royal_netherlands »

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2010, 09:13:31 PM »
 :) :) :)

Well if Royal Training School iis taking vacancies,we may as well try and put Andy's name down.

He's needs schooling in protocol.

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2010, 05:26:23 AM »
Lucien you right, my crush won't go away. I crushed him long before Sarah did and look what she did to him! He would've been better off with me, me ME I TELL YOU mwahhhhh!!!!
Oh sorry :o

Eddie you can't have a crush on him çause you're a boy. :-\

And I think i'm older than you so I'm allowed.
Lindelle dear.....you must have had a very sheltered upbringing.....bus shelters..park shelters...air raid?

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2010, 05:27:50 AM »
Actually Andrew has aged the best of the  Queens children....

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2010, 06:49:35 AM »
Lucien you right, my crush won't go away. I crushed him long before Sarah did and look what she did to him! He would've been better off with me, me ME I TELL YOU mwahhhhh!!!!
Oh sorry :o

Eddie you can't have a crush on him çause you're a boy. :-\

And I think i'm older than you so I'm allowed.
Lindelle dear.....you must have had a very sheltered upbringing.....bus shelters..park shelters...air raid?

I don't understand.

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »
Happy Child

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
He still laughs like that.  You almost get a look at his tonsils.  He has a few more teeth now anyway...

Offline CHRISinUSA

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »
I have to agree with earlier comments about Andrew and Sarah and their co-parenting roles. 

When they first divorced, I was utterly impressed with and charmed by both Andrew and Sarah for their ability to set out what appeared to be a modern, mature co-parenting relationship for the sake of their daughters.  I was even more impressed with Andrew because his father (and perhaps other family members too) probably tore into him at the time, insisting he toss Sarah to the curb.  I remember thinking "Bravo Andrew, you are doing the right thing."

Fast forward more than a decade, and my admiration has dramatically ebbed.  Sarah is clearly immature and incapable of looking after herself, so how could she possibly be an exemplary role model for two young royal ladies?  And Andrew now seems to me a.....well, let's just say a door mat.  As the girls are grown and out on their own, this is no longer a matter of his duty to care for the mother of his children."  It's a great lesson to teach your daughters - it is okay to be irresponsible and flighty, so long as there is someone to bail you out and provide for you.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2010, 10:16:17 AM »
The Duke's never to be ex-wife Sarah has a grand debt of 6 million euro. :-X
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Adagietto

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2010, 10:40:35 AM »
Only six million?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2010, 11:33:10 AM »
As much as I like the Duchess of York, I have to admit she has blown it once again. Her behavior has ceased to be amusing. Now I hear on the BBC she is not ruling out bankruptcy. Her bankers must have migraines.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Adagietto

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »
What sane banker would have agreed to take on the Duchess in the first place? Though perhaps someone thought she was a better bet than dodgy mortgages.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2010, 12:19:44 PM »
Bankers- sane?
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.