Author Topic: Stories of Survivors of Ipatiev House Murder  (Read 278787 times)

Offline skirt

• View Profile
Re: Stories of Survivors of Ipatiev House Murder
« Reply #810 on: November 07, 2006, 04:20:33 PM »
I absolutely would love to look at them, if anyone still has them- feel free to send them on through!
If you have written consent - is it something you are concidering? Does it cost a great deal of money to pursue this?
I'm sure you came across ALOT of strange claims
can we hear some more?

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 07, 2006, 05:25:32 PM »
I absolutely would love to look at them, if anyone still has them- feel free to send them on through!
If you have written consent - is it something you are concidering? Does it cost a great deal of money to pursue this?
I'm sure you came across ALOT of strange claims
can we hear some more?

The only money costs have been the costs to be online and then all my books. What it costs otherwise to pursue this is lots of perseverence and enough self esteem to not be bothered if others do not consider this to be a legitimate line of inquiry.

The strange claims are legion. Once when I was first online, a man contacted me and said he was the son of Grand Duke Michael. When I told him I would never believe Michael would have abandoned his family that had escaped to the West, he letter bombed me! It took a bit of time to get our computer back to normal again, but his ISP was not pleased with him.

Offline skirt

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 07, 2006, 06:05:40 PM »
Sorry to hear that! Some people have serious issues...lol
So this 'Tatiana' story is just another fabrication, from an old lady? Or do you think the son made it up?
Concidering the amount of information and length of study you have endured- if you feel that this is another claim not worth pursuing .. you'd definetly be the one to know-

I thought that exhuming a body and testing would cost a large sum of money.  So many
responses on this part of the
forum (particularily the survivor section- its truely brilliant here!) there seems to be quite an interest in these claimants..do you have a grand total that you have inquired on behalf? Any other storys that got you really interested?

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 07, 2006, 08:24:37 PM »
Oh this is a good one Lisa! Any chance we can see some comparison photos?
"Tatiana's" age wouldnt really matter much if he was adopted..
I still cannot imagine someone going through all of that effort to get DNA tests done knowing that they were an adopted child- I'm sticking with the 'I'm so sure my mommy was GD Tatiana- geez I must be adoped!!" theory..

Since I don't own the photos, I have concerns about posting them given the woman's daughter wants (and is entitled to) her privacy. I showed Greg and Penny the photos years ago and I believe John Kendrick has seen them too. If any of them have their emails, perhaps they can send them to me and I could forward you the email privately.

I have one photo, but no scanner so I don't have any way to post it here.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 07, 2006, 08:31:03 PM »
If it is permissable, I also would like to ask if I might have a photograph sent me. It is interesting to see what or who these persons might look like, that is, if they do. Thank you Lisa for posting this information. It is fascinating.

Tatiana+
TatianaA

Offline duke felix

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 15, 2006, 03:27:02 PM »
NO to both answers. Completely without doubt.

Offline Nikl

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 13, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
Hello everybody,

I do not know, if this is right thread.  I hope you will understand my poor english.  I am living in Canada, but originally I am from the Czech Republic.
I have for you a story about my grandmother.  I do not want to claim, that she is Anastasia or Maria, I would only like to write this story to someone.  I hear of this story from my family.  My grandmother was born in Russia.  She died in Czechoslovakia 1985.

In the year of 1918 came to town of Jekaterinburg czech legionars. Local people asked them if they could take to Czechoslovakia a young women. They told them that, the girl was adopted by local family, but they died and nobody could take care of her. They had all necessary document for them.  After a few weeks legioners (with a girl) left the town  They carried on their way to Vladivostock. From there they sailed for port Istanbul (in Europe).
In the year of 1919 the legioners finally came back to Czechoslovakia. One of the legioners got married and he and his wife adopted this young women who came with legioners from Russia.
When this women was 25 years old, she got married and later on has 10 children (5 boys and 5 daughters). The oldest daughter was my mother.
When my grandmother's adoptive parents were geting too old, they gave their youngest son the letter in which was the story explain. In the letter was, that my grandmother originate from Russian aristocracy family.  In letter also was writen that when my grandmother came to Czechoslovakia she speaked fluently russian and also speaked good german and french.

My family could not do nothing with this letter in communist era. In the year of 1989, when the communist regime colapsed in Czechoslovakia, my mother brought the letter to Canada. In my first 10 years of residing in Canada I could not act upon anything, because of my limited knowlledge of the English language.

In the future I would like go for DNA test, but I hear that they do not do the test in Canada, only in the USA.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 13, 2006, 05:47:35 PM »
...  In letter also was writen that when my grandmother came to Czechoslovakia she speaked fluently russian and also speaked good german and french.

In the future I would like go for DNA test, but I hear that they do not do the test in Canada, only in the USA.

Hello Nikl,

Did your grandmother speak any English?

DNA tests are performed in Canada, just look through the phone directory for an accredited facility.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #818 on: December 13, 2006, 06:16:49 PM »
My grandmother was born in Russia.  She died in Czechoslovakia 1985. In the year of 1918 came to town of Jekaterinburg czech legionars. ....In the future I would like go for DNA test, but I hear that they do not do the test in Canada, only in the USA.

Hi Nikl,

I am just curious, what makes you think that you need to have a DNA test (i.e that your grandma was a Romanov)? There were lots of people who were born in Russia and left in 1918... Unless there is some part of the story that we are missing  ???. I don't mean to sound unkind, but why would you just assume something like that?

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 13, 2006, 07:01:38 PM »
My grandmother was born in Russia.  She died in Czechoslovakia 1985. In the year of 1918 came to town of Jekaterinburg czech legionars. ....In the future I would like go for DNA test, but I hear that they do not do the test in Canada, only in the USA.

Hi Nikl,

I am just curious, what makes you think that you need to have a DNA test (i.e that your grandma was a Romanov)? There were lots of people who were born in Russia and left in 1918... Unless there is some part of the story that we are missing  ???. I don't mean to sound unkind, but why would you just assume something like that?

I had the same reaction that Helen did. It makes perfect sense that during the Civil War, a young woman of the aristocracy would try to escape from Russia. There were many "formers" who were killed, so their children were orphaned and of course would want to escape. That kind of story of and in itself does not indicate to me a Romanov connection.

If you read Kurth's introduction to his Anastasia book, he says that "Anastasia is a story of emigres" - or something to that effect. Many people besides the Romanovs lost everything - home, jobs, and money. So many of them wanted to believe that someone from the old life had survived - which gave impetus to otherwise rational people believing Anastasia survived Ekaterinburg. That, I think is a big piece of all the survivor stories.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 13, 2006, 07:04:18 PM »
Oh this is a good one Lisa! Any chance we can see some comparison photos?
"Tatiana's" age wouldnt really matter much if he was adopted..
I still cannot imagine someone going through all of that effort to get DNA tests done knowing that they were an adopted child- I'm sticking with the 'I'm so sure my mommy was GD Tatiana- geez I must be adoped!!" theory..

Since I don't own the photos, I have concerns about posting them given the woman's daughter wants (and is entitled to) her privacy. I showed Greg and Penny the photos years ago and I believe John Kendrick has seen them too. If any of them have their emails, perhaps they can send them to me and I could forward you the email privately.

I have one photo, but no scanner so I don't have any way to post it here.

Why don't you PM me? If you have the photo so many are interested in, I don't mind financing a copy or a scan so that people can take a non-public look at it.

Offline Nikl

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 13, 2006, 07:21:43 PM »
Hi Nikl,

I would like to go for DNA test, because I am the oldest of all granchild.  My mother also died in 2003.
For me and my family it would be also curious to find out who was really my grandmother.  In my familly wander rumors, that my grandmother may by Anastasia.  ;)  I do not believe in that, but she could by somebody else of  relative of tszar family. Posibility she could be a bastard of some women who has child with Rasputin.  My uncle (my mother's brother) look like Rasputin :)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #822 on: December 13, 2006, 10:05:45 PM »
Why can't they do the DNA in Canada ??? You are the son of the woman's daughter, right?

A bastard child of Rasputin, that's funny. I never thought there might be some, but there could be!

Offline Nikl

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 13, 2006, 11:11:35 PM »
Why can't they do the DNA in Canada ??? You are the son of the woman's daughter, right?

A bastard child of Rasputin, that's funny. I never thought there might be some, but there could be!

I am not sure if they do not do DNA in Canada. I was told, that I must send application form to USA's  laboratory. But this was about 3 years ego. They may have now other rules.                               Yes I am grandson of women who came from Russia.

I am sure that Rusputin had many bastard childrens. :(    In these days was not easy to go for abortion. :(

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 13, 2006, 11:32:32 PM »
I am sure that Rusputin had many bastard childrens.

I am sure that you are mistaken.  :o

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/