Author Topic: Stories of Survivors of Ipatiev House Murder  (Read 265672 times)

Offline tatianolishka_

• Boyar
  • What is history but a fable agreed upon?
    • View Profile
Re: Stories of Survivors of Ipatiev House Murder
« Reply #885 on: March 08, 2007, 05:22:43 PM »
Maybe this should be moved to another thread? It's getting more and more about the bones and the deaths and such.  :)

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #886 on: March 10, 2007, 08:35:22 AM »
Yes i agree!!
i'll PM one of the administrators to move it!
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline dunya

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 15, 2007, 06:16:21 PM »
I dont undersatnd it. If anyone could survived that night, it would have been someone else than alexey. Even if Yurovsky hadnt shot him, which we know he had, Alexey's bleeding must have been fatal for him. He had hemophiliac for gods sake.
I always thought that the accounts of Alexis surviving the first volley and then being "finished" off by Yurovsky were odd in themselves. Or ironic.  Nicholas and Alexandra died in the first volley, but their sick and hemophiliac son survived and had to be shot again (maybe more than once) just to be sure.

And about that, everyone was aiming at the Tsar to be the ''one'' who killed the mihghty tsar, so its not extraordinary that Alexey and Anastasia ( and the dog as I know it) where ''finished off'' afterwards.( when they ran out of  bullets sadly)

Offline Kurt Steiner

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 16, 2007, 04:11:46 AM »
We shouldn't forget that, after shooting at the IF, the murderers used the bayonets to stab them. I doubt very much that someone could "resist" the temptation to stab Alexei. So, if the bullet didn't kill him, the bayonets would do it.

Masters

« Reply #889 on: March 16, 2007, 10:38:37 AM »
It has always baffeled me that all these supposed survivors and decendants keep fighting over who is or is not truly in line for a throne that has not existed for almost 100 years.  I attended Oxford University with Michael Romanov's Great Grand Daughter and she never once mentioned that she was involved in all this mayhem.

I will not reveal her name for her privacy, but she "is" a true direct decendant.  When we were at Oxford together, as she used to show me pictures of her Grandmother with her parents Michael and Natalia.  And pictures of her and her Grandmother and the rest of the family.  She also showed me the Order of Saint Catherine that Her Great Grand Mother received when she was Baptized and then gave it to her when she Baptized in the Russian Orthodox Church.

It is my understanding that only true Romanov female decendants were given this Medal at the time of their Baptism.  If this is true, then I guess my question is, why all the fighting from the under-relatives when there is still a direct family member still alive?

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #890 on: March 16, 2007, 02:07:21 PM »
When we were at Oxford together, as she used to show me pictures of her Grandmother with her parents Michael and Natalia.  

I don't think that Natalia's daughter was Michael's biological daughter, she was the child of Natalia's ex-husband, Wolfert. Therefore your friend from Oxford is not really Michael's "true direct descendant"... Michael and Natalia had a son together, who I believe died without any children of his own, therefore Michael has no true direct descendants...

Masters

« Reply #891 on: March 17, 2007, 12:17:38 AM »
I am speaking of the first child that Michael and Natalia had.  It was a Girl and she was named Nicolina after Nicholas II to make amends between the brothers because Nicholas was not thrilled with and would not accept the marriage of his brother to Natalia....so to answer your comment, yes..... she is a direct decendant, she is Michael and Natalia's Great Grand Daughter.  And to make it official, she has the Birth Records to prove it!

Natalia while escaping from Russia left Nicolina in a Monestary because she thought she would be safe there under the care of the Tikon himself.  Natalia never came back for Nicolina who was left with nothing more than the clothes on her back, a small box containing her papers, her Order of St Catherines Medal, A beautiful Emerald and Diamond Necklace, earrings and a huge Emerald/Diamond ring...which I have seen and they are stunning.  They were left to ensure her safe keeping and were sent with her when she left the Monestary.

I do not know what your knowledge is of that family is other than what you may have read in books, most of which were written by people who weren't even alive then, but I can assure you that she is the real deal...."papers" and all!

And from the apparent anger in your reply, I am beginning to understand why she has kept silent all these years.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 17, 2007, 07:36:51 AM »
Odd that no biography or genealogy mentions such a daughter. And, Imperial Russian orders were not inherited. If one was given one at baptism, it stayed with that person until death.  It would have had to be given anew to any others.
 Hostility? I think not. Just facts.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #893 on: March 17, 2007, 09:53:11 AM »
And from the apparent anger in your reply...

Huh  ???

Masters

« Reply #894 on: March 17, 2007, 10:42:22 AM »
The Order of St. Catherine was give to Nicolina at her baptism and then before she died, she gave it to her grandaughter, my friend.  A "Fact" that none of the supposed know-it-alls that frequent this site, would have been privy to.

Another "fact" that I know you are unaware of, is that she, my friend, was also at the final burial ceremony of the Royal family and was "Acknowledged" by the Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church as who she is. 

They know!  They have always known.  It was always thought best that it not be made public with all the killings that had gone on and all the bickering that continues...who is to know if anyone is safe, even to this day!

Offline Penny_Wilson

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • kingandwilson
« Reply #895 on: March 17, 2007, 11:26:50 AM »
Masters,

In what year was Nicolina born?

~Penny
"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts."  -- A Piece of Good Advice

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good. -- Henry Rollins

Masters

« Reply #896 on: March 17, 2007, 11:40:18 AM »
sorry to say, I don't think we ever discussed that, so I really don't know.......It's not like sat and had a singular long drawn out conversation of her life and family. 

One of the reasons we remained friends for so long, is that I was the only one at the Univeristy who didn't care what her background was, alothough there were others who wanted to be her firend just because of it.

We spoke many times overs the years and things would come up in conversation here and there as it does with anyone's family I suppose.  But the one thing I can say about her is that, even with the knowledge she had, of who she is, she was one of the most gracious and kind person I have ever had the good fortune to be friends with.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 17, 2007, 12:29:01 PM »
How charming, Masters, that you alone are privy to this most arcane information.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Masters

« Reply #898 on: March 17, 2007, 01:14:40 PM »
Just because I went to Oxford, does not mean you have to put out your dictionary, every time you wish to "try" and impress someone.

And for the record, I am "not" the only one privy to this information, but consider myself fortunate to be. 

As for the rest, the people who truly needed and need to know, already do.  Which is why and how my friend inherited her fortune and lives quite well to this day, far from the arguing, self proclaimed heirs and relatives, who instead of living their lives as she does with great joy I might add, instead are constantly looking for something they will never obtain, as they slowly creep toward an unfulfilled end to their miserable lives.

Pity I think....don't you!

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 17, 2007, 01:18:57 PM »
I can think of many words to fit this situation. Pity is not one of them.  May I ask what the reason is/was for thie secrecy of this claim?