Author Topic: Zara & Peter Phillips  (Read 143889 times)

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Zara & Peter Phillips
« Reply #315 on: July 30, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
Zara looked stunning!! I knew she would. I thought Princess Anne looked very nice too, though I would have preffered a full blown hat!
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Offline Lord Strathclyde

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 30, 2011, 06:08:39 PM »
I loved how the Earl and Countess of Wessex looked, especially how they were friendly and gave long waves to the crowds.

Rani

« Reply #317 on: July 30, 2011, 07:25:35 PM »

Offline LauraO

• Boyar
  • You cannot imagine the half of my suffering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 31, 2011, 04:51:48 AM »

God thats a lovely photo, can't wait to see official photos. thought beatrice and eugenie looked a lot better than at the last wedding :)

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 31, 2011, 07:50:22 AM »
I agree the Countess of Wessex looked really lovely and Lady Sarah Chatto looked stunning, as usual!
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Rani

« Reply #320 on: July 31, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »

Princess Anne

I liked the blue on Beatrice

Eugenie dresses like a 30years old

Countess Sophie

Lady Sarah Chatto, my favourite, too.

The Duchess of Cambridge with her pringles hat and her Camilla coat. Again a wrong-age-dress victim.

Autumn Phillips

The Duchess of Cornwall. Nice coat, but what´s with the meadow?

Not a fan of her dress, but she was radiant and so happy :)

Rani

Offline Archduchess Zelia

• Everyone who isn't us is an enemy.
    • View Profile
    • vesperlynds
« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2011, 05:21:19 PM »
Peter Phillips and his wife, Autumn are expecting their 2nd child in March 2012.
Pardon any grammatical errors, English is not my main language.

"Are you sure, dear? You have to reign all afternoon, you know." - HM The Queen Mother, when HM The Queen wanted a second glass of wine with lunch.

Offline von Ebert

• View Profile
Zara and Peter Phillips shared bloodline to Czar Nicholas & Alexi
« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »

To all who may know the answer I welcome your knowledge and comments concerning Zara & Peter Phillips son and daughter of UK Princess Royal and what is or shows they share the same ancestor genetic bloodline.

I am aware of what the answer is but I welcome all opinions of others.  I had some discussion with AP on a matter of my first posting concerning Czar Nicholas and his son Alexi there lies the answer if one may be interested. 

As this is the Romanov Russian and Royalty Discussion Forum, the subject matter may be of interest.

von Ebert
W. von Ebert

Offline historyfan

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Zara and Peter Phillips shared bloodline to Czar Nicholas & Alexi
« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2011, 07:45:40 PM »
I'm interested in this! How would Zara and Peter Phillips be closer to the bloodline of Tsar Nicholas than any of their royal cousins - Princes William & Harry, or Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie?

Offline LadyAstraea

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
I would imagine that all the first cousins you mention (William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Peter) are equally related to Nicholas and Alexei. Unless any of their parents (Mark Phillips, Diana Spencer, or Sarah Ferguson) were somehow closer related to Nicholas and Alexei. I doubt that.

Through Prince Philip (their grandfather): William (and the rest of his first cousins) are 1st cousins 3x removed to Alexei (their common ancestor being Princess Alice - daughter of Queen Victoria and mother of Victoria, Marchioness of Milford Haven and the Empress Alexandra).

Through Elizabeth II (their grandmother): William (and the rest of his first cousins) are 1st cousins 4x removed to Nicholas II, and 2nd cousins 3x removed to Alexei (their common ancestor being Christian IX of Denmark - father of Queen Alexandra and Empress Marie).
"What cannot be cured, must be endured." Elizabeth I

Offline Olga Bernice

• Graf
  • <-*Photo Courtesy: GD Ally*
    • View Profile
    • Colors Of The Rose
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »
Well, through watching the Biography of Anastasia (You know, the one with 2/3 about Anastasia, the rest about Anna Anderson? Yeah, that one.  ;)) it said that when testing Anna Anderson's blood/DNA sample they used Prince Philip to match it. So I know that Prince Philip is at least related to them, and any of his offspring would also be related to them. (Wouldn't they? Or has the world drastically changed in the last 5 minutes?) :)
Mashka . . . Olya . . . Tatya . . . Nastya

Many thanks to Laura Mabee for the banner!!

"We played on the swing, that was when I roared with laughter, the fall was so wonderful! Indeed!"
ANR, May 7, 1918

Offline LadyAstraea

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2011, 08:53:37 PM »
The reason Prince Philip's blood was used to compare to Empress Alexandra and her children is because he shares the same mitochondrial DNA with them (i.e. DNA that is passed on unchanged down the female line). Philip's maternal grandmother (Victoria, Marchioness of Milford Haven) and Empress Alexandra were sisters, thus having the same mitochondrial DNA as passed to them from their mother, Princess Alice. Of course, Alexandra's children also had the same mitochondrial DNA as she did.
"What cannot be cured, must be endured." Elizabeth I

Offline von Ebert

• View Profile
Re: Zara & Peter Phillips did share the same with William and Harry
« Reply #328 on: October 19, 2011, 08:18:43 AM »
A question was asked by a member why William and Harry and their two female cousins did not inherit the same ancestor genetic visible markers as Peter and Zara Phillips. The answer is William and Harry both inherited the same visible markers as Peter and Zara and that of Nicholas 11and his son Alexi. The two daughters of the Prince dont appear to have shared the same gene probably because their genetic make up leans more to their mothers side, but like all new Born's they share both parents genes but one side may be a more dormant gene.

In my case I was not born in a royal house but I share the same ancestor gene and inherited visible DNA markers/markings as Nicholas by means of my mother German ancestors who inhereietd the same ancestors genes.
W. von Ebert

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 19, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »
I'm no scientist but I do know that's not how DNA works.  And...ANOTHER relative of Nicholas II on this forum?  Incredible!