Author Topic: rare pictures from "Anastasia's Album" pg. 34-35 "Peterhof"?????  (Read 7306 times)

Offline I-TsarevichAlexei13

• View Profile
Hello fellow APTM members,

I am trying very much to locate some pictures that I believe are very rare, well to me they are. If you do or do not have "Anastasia's Album" great picture reference book :) I would kindly ask if you could look to pages (p. 34-35)

On these two pages one is labeled "Peterhof" both pages comprise of the "Lower Dacha" outtings the family joined together for annually. The groupings, of these picture pages, Anastasia created herself, with the one's of Ania Vyrubova on crutches at the beach, and Nicholas II sitting at the stone wall and gates. Another is of Nicholas II with his son Alexei, on the shore. (Alexei is in profile) Then on the page (35) that is titled "Peterhof" the grouping of several fotos at the bottom left-hand corner are there. These I have never noticed before, I know the middle row comprise of pictures of Olga Nikolaievna and her friend Rita K. and then there's pictures of Alexei with Derevenko at the beach, Tatiana lying on the beach ground, aerial views, etc....

I would like to know if anyone would know, if they have seen these such pictures before. if so, please I would much appreciate if you could find them again, I have looked in the Bienecke Albums, all 7 of them still haven't found the main one's I'm searching for. (Nicholas sitting alone at the gated wall, Anna V, with Tatiana I believe behind her, Ania V. with her crutches, and alexei petting what  looks like sheep. which is on page 34.)

(on page 35, the very top row of pictures, which comprise of ALexei with derevenko, and a few group pictures of the children and others. This would be very much of great great help if you could help find these! :)

God Bless! and God Protect you and your families!

God Bless!
Slava Bogu!

~I-TsarevichAlexei13
Mama clutched my hand, as she smiled weakly.. Then the door handle turned and they walked in.. her smile faded... and the clutch on my hand grew tighter...

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
Re: rare pictures from "Anastasia's Album" pg. 34-35 "Peterhof"?????
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 07:27:12 AM »
Anastasia's album is mistaken -- those photos were actually taken in the Crimea in 1915 or 1916. (I think nena and matushka know the precise date.)

As far as I know, the majority of the photos on pages 34-35 have not been published elsewhere.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 07:44:48 AM »
Thanks Sarushka for reffering to me. :-D

Crimea, Evaptoria, May 16th 1916. Alexei enjoyed collecting shells, while Nicholas kept neglecting people that wanted to meet them. Later on, Nicholas II rewarded soldiers with St. George order, and Alexandra opened new Lazaret (hospital):

A footage from that day, including some photos, information and a diary entry of GD Tatiana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPXgxBALA78

Chronological visits to the ceremonials are included too.

It is just another Dacha, their estate on the Crimea, and not the Lower Dacha. It was the last time they visited their Crimea.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 07:47:15 AM by nena »
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:22:34 AM »
Sarushka, and Nena, spasiba for your input. I was search around the forum, and I have found, I believe some or a few of the fotos I am looking for. But they are thumbnails, floating about the picture threads.. lol

I wonder, since this is Anastasia's actual family foto albums, could this be soon or later represented again in better views and versions on the internet or Beinecke Albums. :)

thanks again! God Bless!

~I-TsarevichAlexei13
Mama clutched my hand, as she smiled weakly.. Then the door handle turned and they walked in.. her smile faded... and the clutch on my hand grew tighter...

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
I wonder, since this is Anastasia's actual family foto albums, could this be soon or later represented again in better views and versions on the internet or Beinecke Albums. :)

Beinecke only owns Anna Vyrubova's albums, so these photos aren't likely to show up there. I believe Anastasia's photo album is held by the Russian State Archive, so if GARF ever digitizes its collection they might show up online someday.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 10:44:55 AM »
Sarushka, why are the state archives so difficult. I mean, yeah... .lol If Anna V. albums can be produced then, so can Anastasia's. But yes hopefully someday, until then we wait.. :P

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
Sarushka, the website for the GARF, or Russian State Archives. How do you get a hold of romanov album pictures???? all it has is soviet/sputnik etc.....