Author Topic: Maria or Anastasia?  (Read 30925 times)

Offline doddy3988

• View Profile
Re: Maria or Anastasia?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 12:49:57 PM »
I think that Olga and Tatiana have the most eistinctive features: Olga has a heart shaped head, a big forehead, and a small chin. And Tatiana's head is different too....very...."fragile"....she doesn't have her little sisters' big jaws or big chin. I really think that Maria is missing....because Anastasia's skull is too long. She has a long nose, althow maria's hear is long too. I don't know...it's a tight one

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 05:20:47 PM »
hey doddy3988---i have to say i agree with you. i'm unsure and i think it's just one of those mysteries (along with so many other mysteries) that will remained unsolved

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 07:01:59 AM »
For me, Maria is missing. I correlated heights of GDs skelets found at Ganina Yama, you can get skelet informations on ww.romanov-memorial.com
And, definitelly, Maria is missing!
You can see Nicholas's height was ca. 166 cm. Height of skelet number 5 is ca. 169 cm, so, higher than NII, for me, Tatiana....and, finally, height of skelet numvber 6 is ca. 162. so Anasataia....And, Maria is missing...
Of course, that is just my theory.What do you think?
Skelet number 5 is the highest than others, and, for  me, must be Tatiana
Skelet number 6 is smallest tahn others,and, for me, must be Anasatasia.
Don't forget Anastasia was almost the same height as Olga!(ca.164cm)
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »
This is a topical one! I'm not sure it really matters who is missing. I believe looking at the evidence that they were all murdered in the Ipatiev House. It is very difficult to imagine any of the Romanovs and their retinue leaving that house alive. The Russians state that Marie is missing and some Americans that it is Anastasia. It depends on which side of the fence you sit. I do not think the Russians have any interest one way or the other and I tend to think it is Marie who is missng along with Alexis.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 07:27:29 AM »
... The Russians state that Marie is missing and some Americans that it is Anastasia. It depends on which side of the fence you sit.

One my side of the fence Anastasia is missing. The Russian scientists have confirmed using computerized analysis that the skeletal remains do indeed belong to Anastasia.

Margarita
  :)

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 04:02:44 PM »
I'm curious about something I have read. It was stated that those searching in Pig's Meadow or the surrounding area have had to sign statements that they were searching for Maria and not Anastasia. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,

Simon
"Simon --- Classy AND Compassionate!"

"The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, so take snacks and a magazine."

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 11:47:26 PM »
I'm curious about something I have read. It was stated that those searching in Pig's Meadow or the surrounding area have had to sign statements that they were searching for Maria and not Anastasia. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,

Simon

Simon,

The source that you consulted is incorrect.

Please refer to this page on the SEARCH website which offers the correct facts about the "Protocol of Intent".

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/Prelude.html

Margarita

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 01:24:54 AM »
Thanks for the link. My conclusion after reading the article is that the SEARCH expeditions had to agree in principle not to state that they were searching for Anastasia, which of course is not the same thing as saying they were searching for Maria. On the other hand, neither the American or the Russian teams seem to have questioned the identification of Olga's and Tatiana's remains, so . . .

I do appreciate the difficult position in which the expedition found itself. Since the implication of the article also seems to be that everyone really does think it is Anastasia who is missing, save for the person who identified the skeleton as Maria, does anyone have a theory as to why it is difficult for the Russians to retract the identification? Is it politics?

"The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, so take snacks and a magazine."

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 03:20:09 AM »
Thanks for the link. My conclusion after reading the article is that the SEARCH expeditions had to agree in principle not to state that they were searching for Anastasia ...

Simon you may have slightly misread what Peter Sarandinaki declared on his website.

Peter stated that SEARCH refused to sign the "Protocol of Intent" until Dr Avdonin changed the statement declaring that the search was for one of the daughters.

Margarita

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 03:29:39 AM »

Thanks,

Simon

Simon,

Could you please disclose what your source was please? It is clear that the author was mistaken in believing that SEARCH was looking for Mariya only.

Thanks,

Margarita

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 09:06:19 AM »
Dear Margarita,

No, I don't think I misread it --- thanks for providing the link. As I said in my post above, it is clear that SEARCH did not sign a protocol saying that they were searching for Maria. That was my original question (although not specifically related to SEARCH, I suppose). I think it is interesting that Sarandinaki was able to make the terms less restrictive ("one of the daughters"), although I'm not sure who else the missing daughter could be other than Maria --- Olga and Tatiana are regarded as present by both the Americans and the Russians, correct? Did the Russians agree to this adjustment of the Protocol because (1) they have such regard for Sarandinaki's work (2) they by and large now agree that the skeleton buried as Anastasia was mis-identified or (3) they are anxious to see the discovery of the remains, and were willing to compromise to ensure that the work went forward? All three seem plausible to me.

Simon

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 09:35:12 AM »
What is the best source on the forensic of the bodies found?
Thanks in advance,
Lexi
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2007, 12:14:18 AM »
What is the best source on the forensic of the bodies found?
Thanks in advance,
Lexi

The best information available may be found in:

The Soloviev Commission Report of 1998 published by Vibor, Moscow.

Also this very recent article published by Sergei Nikitin in the January edition of "Romanov Readings", which is only available in Russian at the moment on Peter Sarandinaki's SEARCH site:

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/Reading-13.html

Margarita
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:26:32 AM by Belochka »

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2007, 01:25:06 AM »
Dear Margarita,

... it is clear that SEARCH did not sign a protocol saying that they were searching for Maria. That was my original question (although not specifically related to SEARCH, I suppose). I think it is interesting that Sarandinaki was able to make the terms less restrictive ("one of the daughters"), although I'm not sure who else the missing daughter could be other than Maria --- 

Hello Simon,

As far as the SEARCH Foundation is concerned it could be either Anastasiya or Mariya who is missing. You may contend that it is Mariya based on your information which is fine. Until one bone fragment is found that will prove scientifically beyond reasonable doubt that it belongs to either one of the daughters, then this question remains open.

Olga and Tatiana are regarded as present by both the Americans and the Russians, correct?

Correct.

Did the Russians agree to this adjustment of the Protocol because (1) they have such regard for Sarandinaki's work

The Russians have a very high regard for Peter and his work but I am not in any position to answer your question. In all fairness you are suggesting something to which I am unable to reply.

(2) they by and large now agree that the skeleton buried as Anastasia was mis-identified or

Not at all Simon.

(3) they are anxious to see the discovery of the remains, and were willing to compromise to ensure that the work went forward? All three seem plausible to me.

Simon

As Peter Sarandinaki stated "Drs. Falsetti and France were not convinced that those remains belonged to Grand Duchess Anastasia" BECAUSE the matter was still under investigation.

Everyone wants the same outcome, and that is the truth, thus there can be no compromise.

Margarita

Offline LenelorMiksi

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »
I think the missing girl could be either one of them as the remains were so badly damaged.  Can't scientists discriminate the DNA between siblings... like find some DNA from hair that they know would be either Marie or Anastasia's and see which matches?
Grand Duchess Alice of Hesse:  "Each year brings us nearer to the Wiedersehen [reunion with the dead], though it is sad to think how one's glass is running out, & how little good goes with it, compared to the numberless blessings we receive.  Time goes incredibly fast."