Author Topic: AA/FS Photo Comparison - Similarities: What is Wrong With AA Being FS?  (Read 170831 times)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
The photo on the right is much lighter, so we can't see the defined lines of the lips. AA had very full lips, which is one reason I can't understand anyone thinking she looked like AN, who had thin lips.

Yes, I know this is about AA and FS only, so here's the collage Lisa made us awhile back, FS in the middle, all others are AA:

Mgmstl

Alice

Is the photo of FS in the middle of this montage the doctored version of the photo OR the original version,
Alice you posted two versions of the same photo on another thread, one looks some what faded and near the original, the bottom one looks as though the lips have been enhanced.

I am just checking as when making photographic comparisons in identifying individuals or making those comparisons as to likeness within a family doctored or enhanced photos shouldn't be used or people should be made aware that a doctored/enhnaced photograph is being used.  Just an opinion.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Alice and others,

Fusion of photographs of AA and FS is a discussion of the similarities of the two images used, as well as questions about the photographs and the originals and some interesting stuff from jaa.  Don't miss his last comment about angles which he shows using an apple.

Evidently  the two known photographs of FS were altered and this is in evidence of AA's trial.

AGRBear
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 10:58:08 PM by Alixz »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
During the court trial of 1958-61 the photographs of Wingender were presented.  

Wingender said that the one photo was of Franziska

Wingender said one was of Schanzkowska in the summer of 1922 and then there was one of herself in 1920.  Both were wearing the same dress.

The experts discovered that the one photographs which was FS  had been altered and buttons had been added and that the two dresses were not the same.  The photo of Wingender had also been altered and someone in the photo had been removed.

These photos were important because it was how Wingender was proving she had seen FS in 1922 during the time frame when AA's time is not accountable.

Wingender than refused to swear a oath that she was speaking the truth about FS.  She refused to return to court.

I'll have to dig around for the information on the changes made to FS's photo of her standing with an apron near some trees.
AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
And this is interesting:

Hi All,

Since so much of the identification of Anna Anderson centered around comparing her features with photographs of Anastasia I thought I'd share two articles on this topic with the group.  

A photograph of a young man was found and a case was made that it showed Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the US.  When I looked at the picture I thought it looked nothing like him, but the article talks about how the man's identity was established as Lincoln.  There is an interesting bit about how weight loss affects a person's looks, which two parts of the face remain the same throughout life, comparing photos taken 20-30 years apart, the effects of aging, etc.  Here is the link:  http://www.lincolnportrait.com/authenti.htm

Another article with a similar topic talks about how they authenticated a photo (purchased on ebay!) of a woman purported to be Emily Dickinson, the poetess.  In this case, the subject had gained weight.  Here is the link: http://www.common-place.org/vol-04/no-02/gura/

I hope you enjoy them.

Best,

Sarah

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
Alice

Is the photo of FS in the middle of this montage the doctored version of the photo OR the original version,
Alice you posted two versions of the same photo on another thread, one looks some what faded and near the original, the bottom one looks as though the lips have been enhanced.

I am just checking as when making photographic comparisons in identifying individuals or making those comparisons as to likeness within a family doctored or enhanced photos shouldn't be used or people should be made aware that a doctored/enhnaced photograph is being used.  Just an opinion.

Uh . . . are you confusing Annie and I? I only posted these two photos, I didn't post any on "another thread" and the montage wasn't posted by me, either. The photo of FS I have used is the original published in Kurth's book.

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
AN didn't have that odd,creased upper lip...and I don't recall any other Royal relations with that lip...oh...yes...and the DNA...

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Some of us have made up our mind about FS/AA, however, others may be new or still haven't made up their minds, so, please show patience.  

There are many threads dealing with DNA, please, Topic:  FS/AA Photographic Comparison.

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
It is so hard for me to tell anything because the picture of FS is so grainy. I wish I could see a better photo of FS that hasn't been altered.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
It is so hard for me to tell anything because the picture of FS is so grainy. I wish I could see a better photo of FS that hasn't been altered.

And it's so pale and washed out you can't see what her lips really look like, so it's not fair to say the shape of the mouth isn't the same based on that.

posted by AGRBear:

Franziska Schanskowska unre-touched photo

Anna Anderson

There's a match! How could anyone not see the resemblance?

Mgmstl

Lexi, I agree.  However I am sure that you realize from the response already given you will be told that you don't have the right to your own opinion or that if you don't see the resemblance you are not dealing with a full deck.    I don't think the mouth or the face look like they are exactly the same.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
I'm not saying anyone doesn't have a right to an opinion for Pete's sake, but I am saying that you can't tell for sure the shape of the mouth because the pic of FS is too light and washed out in that area to get an accurate representation, which means I agree with Lexi on that. Though that is the reason the shape of the mouth can't totally be made out, I'm sure you, Michael, will use that as a reason to deny the obvious otherwise because you are too hardheaded to ever admit you were wrong about FS not being AA.

IlyaBorisovich

There's a match! How could anyone not see the resemblance?

I swore to myself I'd keep off this thread, but sometimes curiosity compells me to respond.  Similarities, like beauty, are in the eye of the beholder.  You cannot say, "There's a match!" because it's an objective question.  It's like an ink blot test.  Every person who looks at it will see something different.  Nothing as arbitrary as this can ever be stated absolutely.  It's a contradiction of terms.

Ilya
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by IlyaBorisovich »

rskkiya

Michael G
The previous statement was a valid one. If you can disprove it do If you cannot do not post... :(

My two kopecs...
    It's difficult to compare some images, due to the fact that faces are often at different angles, or in partial profile, nevertheless it's not difficult to pose so as to appear to look more like one picture than another...
   Mind you I don't think that that was AA's constant attempt, but some of the photos, such as the 1927 (?) image of her all in white (sorry I don't have the photo) was certainly "staged" just as any wedding photo might be. I of course am no photo expert!

Patiently waiting to be lambasted  8)

rskkiya

(I am still having serious computer problems, I don't know if I will be able to stay here at  the AP  :()

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile

I swore to myself I'd keep off this thread, but sometimes curiosity compells me to respond.  Similarities, like beauty, are in the eye of the beholder.  You cannot say, "There's a match!" because it's an objective question.  It's like an ink blot test.  Every person who looks at it will see something different.  Nothing as arbitrary as this can ever be stated absolutely.  It's a contradiction of terms.

Ilya

Very good point. Thank you.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"