Author Topic: AA/FS Photo Comparison - Similarities: What is Wrong With AA Being FS?  (Read 178192 times)

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: AA/FS Photo Comparison - Similarities: What is Wrong With AA Being FS?
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2005, 09:13:02 PM »
It's matter to ME. And I keep believing she was who she claimed to be. And well...You are free to shout to me that I'm a fantazising woman and all. I know that I'm not. As I always uses to said: we'll speak about this whole matter some years after. Today, nor you, nor me are aware from really truth. Perhaps, this truth is NOT the truth I suppose it is; perhaps both, you and me will be disappointed by the ACTUAL truth. But until today I still have too many doubts about the Romanov's fate, the DNA issue to consider the case closed. Don't laugh at me. For my personal believs are not important in this case, nor me. If you made ironical comments on me, you only will wound me. And , really...That's matters?

RealAnastasia.

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2005, 09:16:04 PM »
It's matter to ME. And I keep believing she was who she claimed to be. And well...You are free to shout to me that I'm a fantazising woman and all. I know that I'm not. As I always uses to said: we'll speak about this whole matter some years after. Today, nor you, nor me are aware from really truth. Perhaps, this truth is NOT the truth I suppose it is; perhaps both, you and me will be disappointed by the ACTUAL truth. But until today I still have too many doubts about the Romanov's fate, the DNA issue to consider the case closed. Don't laugh at me. For my personal believs are not important in this case, nor me. If you made ironical comments on me, you only will wound me. And , really...That's matters?

RealAnastasia.

I am not making fun of you or making "ironical comments." I am sincerely asking a question to which I do not have the answer. I am asking for your opinion that is all. Please do not take offense because absolutely none is intended.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Finelly

« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2005, 09:35:11 PM »
Well, if you believe that AA was Anastasia, then fine.  I am open-minded on that issue.

But what Lexi asked was, if she was NOT Anastasia, does it MATTER who she was?  I mean, if she's not who she says she was, who cares who she really was?

(and don't ask me to say that three times, fast)

Offline delle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2005, 10:16:40 PM »
Everyone has their own opinions. But the question
that was posed in this thread--with the DNA set
aside, what were the similarities between AN and
FS?

Delle

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2005, 10:30:26 PM »
Welcome Delle,
Of course you are correct, my question did veer from the topic. As you will see that happens quite often, one question leads to another. As you read other posts, you will see it happens a lot. I do understand it can be confusing, it is for me sometimes too.
To other posters, I would like for someone to answer my question. If I need to move this to another thread I can. I was just hoping for a simple answer.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline Inquiring_Mind

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2005, 07:32:42 AM »
Lexi.

It does get confusing. I believe there was a thread called " If AA wasn't FS, than who was she" or something similar.

IMHO there are people here that believe AA was somebody who might surprise us all. If this be true,  everything I can come up with is far fetched or quaranteed to cause a stir ::)

Since I am unaware that AA ever revealed a believable coherent and unchanging account of her life before she became an unknown in a hospital ward, I don't see a trail to another identity we can follow.

She still has me quessing though .

As far as" does it matter"....I quess it must since we all keep talking about it. ;D
I chose the road less traveled and now...where the heck am I????

Offline Malenkaya

• Boyar
  • I Am Anastasia
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2005, 12:15:16 PM »
But what Lexi asked was, if she was NOT Anastasia, does it MATTER who she was?  I mean, if she's not who she says she was, who cares who she really was?

This question has been asked a few times, and I will continue to answer it.  A lot of people care who she really was, becase so much time has been invested in the "mystery" and I think the only way to tie up the loose ends and close the case it to know for sure who she was.

Why does it matter?  The easiest way I can put it is simply to say that Anna Anderson is the reason a lot of people know anything about the Romanovs.  She may not have been the most important person connected to them (and even if she wasn't who she said she was, she was still connected to them because of her claim) but she is a very big reason that we, even today, care about these people who died nearly 87 years ago.

I wear a nametag at work, and everyday I am asked (usually several times a day) "are you Russian?"  Everyone knows the story, the mystery.  Anastasia isn't a Russian name, it's a Greek name.  But the Russians made it famous.

Anastasia
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Malenkaya »
*Anastasia*

Offline Inquiring_Mind

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2005, 12:35:03 PM »
Excellent answer!

Offline Inquiring_Mind

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2005, 06:49:09 PM »
I am way old enough to say "now now children, take it somewhere else."

This is Bear's topic and we need to have some respect. She keeps us all on track and we need to follow the leader.

I can understand how you feel about the IMs and not getting info on a public board. But this is a community and these things happen.

Back on topic....

The only things I see in common:

They were both female.

They were in the same geographic area.

They both had mental problems

They both seemed to have no family that would stick their necks out to claim them.

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 26, 2005, 09:09:19 PM »
Well, if you believe that AA was Anastasia, then fine.  I am open-minded on that issue.

(and don't ask me to say that three times, fast)

Well. You are right. But if she was not AN, I would like all the same to know who she really was. I'm just curious!  ;D

RealAnastasia.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #295 on: July 10, 2005, 12:55:14 PM »
Those of you who believe AA was FS must have more evidence to show the doubters that this is true without using DNA.  Please,  I'd like to see more than just a comparision of the many AA photographs to the one photograph which we don't even know if it's a copy of the untouched original.  

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

jeremygaleaz

« Reply #296 on: July 10, 2005, 11:43:53 PM »
Those of you who believe AA was FS must have more evidence to show the doubters that this is true without using DNA.  Please,  I'd like to see more than just a comparison of the many AA photographs to the one photograph which we don't even know if it's a copy of the untouched original.  

AGRBear

Well, what you fail to realize Bear, is that the burden of proof actually rests on you. The DNA has the upper hand, and those that doubt it must make their case to those who believe it.

While I'll admit that gossip and rumors are sometimes correct, (hey, it was rumored that she was a polish factory worker) the people who believe AA was not FS only have gossip, rumors, and highly subjective evidence that can be interpreted many different ways. And that's hardly a concrete case.

Or, modern rumors suddenly surface, like this" half sister" issue, that has no basis in fact. As no one connected with the original case made any such statement, and no modern  published work makes any reference to it.

So, instead of discussing "Yankee Doodle," private conversations with Princess Michael of Kent  regarding her last name, playing golf on the same course as Prince Phillip, or childhood encounters with elderly Russian men who entrust secret Romanov survival stories to your care  which you then have locked up for safe keeping, (Were you being serious about any of that? :-/) Present a case driven by cold, hard,non-subjective facts.....

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:09:43 AM by Alixz »

Mgmstl

« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2005, 08:17:59 AM »

Present a case driven by cold, hard,non-subjective facts.....

Jay Ro Mee

This is impossible for Bear to do, as the subjective facts or circumstantial evidence is what is being considered.  

rskkiya

« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2005, 11:37:55 AM »

RealAnastasia.

OK...
I KNOW that the DNA evidence is NOT to be discussed here ...But I don't understand your reasons RA  - I don't know who you think is laughing at you...but do you believe this simply because you want to?

Please clarify
rs

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2005, 11:38:40 AM »

I created this thread for  posters who believe AA is FS without the use of DNA.  If you wish to start a different thread, please do.

Proof in addition to DNA would be nice since that is why this thread was created.

The theory about the sister or half sister subject can be old or new, matters not to me.  However, just because no one has brought such a theory forward before doesn't mean it's a theory we should toss out.  That would be like tossing the baby out with the bath water, so to speak.

As for my personal history,   apparently it bothers you.  Sorry if the truth is difficult for you.

AGRBear  

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:11:52 AM by Alixz »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152