Author Topic: [Alexei's favorite] Poetry  (Read 4039 times)

ARfreak

[Alexei's favorite] Poetry
« on: February 02, 2006, 10:29:36 AM »
I read somewhere that Alexei liked the poems of a certain author. Has anyone else herd this? Who is the poet?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:38:44 AM by Sarushka »

ARfreak

Re: Poetry
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 06:53:25 PM »
Nevermind. I found it . It was Pushkin and Lermontov.

Offline Romanov_fan

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 08:43:36 AM »
I actually hadn't heard that. In general, you don't think about Alexei being a poet too much, but it is nice to know he appreciated Russian literature.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by romanov_fan »

RomanovFan318

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 09:34:52 AM »
I had never heard that he liked poetry. I was always under the impression that he did not like to read or study too much. It's nice to know that he liked some of the great Russian poets.

Offline Vive_HIH_Aleksey

• Graf
  • Alexei Yagudin, Evgeni Plushenko: Tzars of the Ice
    • View Profile
    • Desire: A Figure Skating RPG
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 06:48:46 PM »
Lanie once told me that Anna Akhmentova was Aleksei's favorite poet. But where she got this info I don't know.

I showed her a poem by Akhmentova that was featured in the book "My Sergei" by Ekaterina Gordeeva. The poem was dated 1915 and it said Tsarskoe Selo on it.
Hatred – this is a disgusting feeling. Yes, there is sport gambling, there is a striving to win. But to hate someone – this is awful! I think, that first of all you have to learn to respect your rival. -- Evgeni Plushenko

ARfreak

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 06:53:52 AM »
That is so cool. Could You please post it. It just might be that she was one of his favorite poets.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by ARfreak »

Offline Vive_HIH_Aleksey

• Graf
  • Alexei Yagudin, Evgeni Plushenko: Tzars of the Ice
    • View Profile
    • Desire: A Figure Skating RPG
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:19:48 PM »
Hatred – this is a disgusting feeling. Yes, there is sport gambling, there is a striving to win. But to hate someone – this is awful! I think, that first of all you have to learn to respect your rival. -- Evgeni Plushenko

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »
Lanie once told me that Anna Akhmentova was Aleksei's favorite poet. But where she got this info I don't know.

I showed her a poem by Akhmentova that was featured in the book "My Sergei" by Ekaterina Gordeeva. The poem was dated 1915 and it said Tsarskoe Selo on it.

Akhmentova's husband was a patient at the Tsarskoye Selo lazaret. I hadn't heard before that she was the tsesarevich's favorite poet, but it's safe to say he was familiar with her work. ;)
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King