Author Topic: Re: Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York Pt II  (Read 187282 times)

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York Pt II
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2008, 01:22:02 PM »
Perhaps she may, Tsaria. She could not do much worse than Bush et cie have. And, she would most likely not spend her gains on wars.
 Many people achieve fame purely by accident.  The challenge is what to do with it. Par for the course, I feel she has done well, [depiste the parenting bit]. So she is fun-loving, caring and a tiny bit bawdy. So what?  She apparently gives as much as she gets- and with US tax laws, that is almost mandatory. I do not think she reflects on the RF at all.  There are some pretty remarkable images already there that make any of her "adventures" pale in comparrison. And Andrew is not coming up as a paragon of fatherly care, is he? So she is is not the sole responsibilty for  what their issue  become.
 I still say, perhaps a lone voice here, give Sarah a break!
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »
Robert, you have contributed to softening my stance towards Sarah Ferguson.

Judging from above, unfortunately, as usual, she is her own worst enemy... not a millionaire - pull the other one.   She has 'earned' her way, but ONLY because of her royal connection.   

If only she could realise, and admit, that the only reason she is being discussed here - or anywhere else - is because she married Elizabeth II's second son, and from that moment was no longer Sarah Ferguson from Dummer a very minor aristo and farmer's daughter, she might be more likeable.

tsaria

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2008, 06:13:39 PM »
What you say  is probably true, Tsaria. However, the only reason we discuss most people on this forun is because they have a link to some royalty, somewhere, is it not? And many have no link whatsoever, do they?
 I simply wish her well, and feel she deserves the rewards from her efforts.  Most of us should be so fortunate.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2008, 06:27:09 PM »
Well Robert,

I agree.   So long as she does no harm - something in which she seems no longer to indulge - lets wish her well.   Life is about opportunities - recognising them and grasping them: upon whom one meets and whom one knows:  all combined with energy, effort and, most importantly, imagination mixed with sensitivity.   

All of us should take advantage of good, positive opportunities.

tsaria

Offline Tdora1

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2008, 09:46:14 AM »
I'm just back from the unbroadbanded depths of Scotland and cannot let this pass. Sarah's endless rattle and pose on her self-styled model of maternal bliss and wonder is as unacceptable, nay as damaging, as any politican's. For every piece of USA Presidential-backed legislation that denies family planning and honest and comprehensive advice to women (see just about the first measure that GWB implemented upon arriving in the White House in early 2001) - ranging from that available to high school girls in the red states to the actual measures of care and information 'allowed' to mothers of large families in developing countries (where the family planning is subsidised by whichever foreign power is flavour of the month with the ruling arms-buying regime) - the Sarah, as the taker of the dollar that facilitates her personal needs, forces herself into a political endorsement of the provider and his sponsors. Added to this, a scrap of Hello! magazine passing through the remote townships and settlements can have a power we may have considered been and gone  - yet the older women remember how the Royal Family were taught and honoured as the beautiful family, as were their grandmothers taught that QV was a goddess! What must they think now, given the politically morality-laden 'help' that is all that is invariably on offer these days? 30 years ago at least they knew how things stood:  the outposts of nuns would deliver your child and care for him but you'd seek out the government-approved medics for the IUD or ligation you needed. Point is: Sarah knows all this full well - the Commonwealth and charities like the Princess Royal's Save The Children make it blindingly obvious, even if her intellectual interest in and knowledge of basic global affairs within her 'manor' are beyond her frivoulous and effortlessly-distracted ken. She simply cannot indulge her attention-seeking needs on the one hand and then pass off her statements as merely personal when it suits her - unfortunately. She gets noticed - as a 'royal' because that is what she wants. She cannot then muck around as 'Sarah' and have it both ways.
Acts of injustice done
Between the setting and the rising sun
In history lie like bones, each one.

W.H. Auden The Ascent of F6

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2008, 05:32:32 PM »
Slightly off the topic of Sarah Ferguson, Tdora... where abouts in the unbroadbanded depths of Scotland, have you been?   I spend half the week in a broadbanded area of Scotland and the other half in 'unbroadbanded (but not very deep) area of Scotland'.

Scotland has been Sarah Ferguson-free since the marriage breakup.   Perhaps she has learned that Scots are just too canny!

tsaria   

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2008, 08:56:56 PM »
A scented candle in the toilet? Whatever next one wonders? One would have thought after the massive fire damage at Hampton Court years ago caused by a solitary candle that this sort of silly behaviour would have ceased anywhere.

Offline CHRISinUSA

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2008, 03:43:45 PM »
This is the first time I've heard of Dolphin House.  Does anyone have any information on this place - aside from the fact that it is nearby the Royal Lodge outside Windsor?

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2008, 07:24:15 PM »
I couldn't get the link to work but does it have to do with this?

From the Telegraph: "Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, can scarcely add more strings to her bow. And yet I hear that the children's author, charity campaigner and broadcaster has another project on the go: a book on etiquette. Tea for Ruby is due for publication in September. "I was raised to appreciate that there is a time and place for manners, not just for the sake of following rules but rather because etiquette and good manners show courtesy and respect," coos the Duchess. "I've raised my girls as part of the Royal Family according to this philosophy and now I can pass along this message to princesses everywhere.""
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2008, 08:44:16 PM »
How utterly ridiculous.  Can she ever leave off the inevitable comments about how well she's raised her daughters?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »
Okay, I finally give up on her.

Offline pandora

• Whatever you are, be a good one. Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2008, 09:29:27 PM »
Wait a minute...didn't one of her "well-mannered" daughters go running after her boyfriend into a men's restroom just recently??? Okie-dokie...  

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2008, 01:25:19 AM »
I couldn't get the link to work but does it have to do with this?

Thanks Gdduchessella, here is the article from yahoo news....

She heads one of the most conspicuously happy modern families along with her ex, Prince Andrew. And now Sarah, Duchess of York has taken into cyberspace her campaign to support other mothers in their role

The long-time children's rights activist has launched a Facebook-style social networking website to allow women to interact with their kids online. Under the tagline for 'mothers and others who care', 48-year-old is encouraging users to make friends and post messages in each other's spaces.

On www.sarahferguson.com, the Duchess lists her favourite pastimes as watching Pop Idol and Grey's Anatomy, as well as listening to rapper 50 Cent. The mum of two also shares her personal philosophy on life, including her dream that "the mothers and children of the world (be) well".

Though Sarah's daughters, Beatrice, 19, and 17-year-old Eugenie, don't seem to have signed up yet, there was further evidence this week of the close relationship they share with their mum.

The girls have joined both their parents on the family's annual skiing holiday in the Swiss resort of Verbier, during which they'll help dad Andrew blow out the candles on his 48th birthday.
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.